Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

**spoilers ahead*** Dr. Who's episode tonight

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Awesome! i know who he is! I think he might be playing that guy we all think he is playing... maybe lol
    I won't look at a statue in the same way again hehe. Sally Sparrow would make a great assistant.
    Jim V wrote: »
    John Simm is the actor who played the main role in Life on Mars and in the past in shows like The Lakes, it's quite a coup getting him for Dr. Who (especially if he's playing who it looks like).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtcCkg5KsRc

They do get some pretty strong guest stars - its Derek Jacobi next week (BAFTA award winner for I Claudius)

Plus they've had people like Peter Kay, Simon Pegg (and in the old series Richard Todd, Julain Glover, Beryl Reid etc)
    You know how they did Torchwood, the spin off series with Captain Jack and they did that spin off with Sarah Jane Smith and K9... is there the possibility of a Sparrow and Nightingale spin off series? The book and dvd shop owners who solve ghostly supernatural mysteries inbetween serving customers...
    Which would be great, but I think it's unlikely right now what with the full first series of Sarah Jane Adventures and a supposed second Torchwood series going in production in the off-season. Wouldn't be surprised to see them appear in novels or audio though...
    i loved the episode, just worked really well as a story - the idea with horror is to leave it to the imagination which is great
    just thought id add

DW-DalekSec_BlindMan.jpg
    Here's the offical programme guide for Dr Who's final episode this year -

'Earth has been conquered and the Master rules supreme, with the Doctor a helpless prisoner, in the final episode of Russell T Davies's Doctor Who.The entire human race has been reduced to slavery, as the mighty warships of a new Time Lord Empire rise from the ashes. Only Martha Jones can save the world...

David Tennant plays the Doctor and Freema Agyeman plays his companion, Martha Jones. John Barrowman and John Simm guest star.'

So that's that - he is who we thought - I'm very very excited now :razz:
    Jim V wrote: »
    So that's that - he is who we thought - I'm very very excited now :razz:

You knew really though, surely?

And you must have guessed who the Professor was tonight?

Gets, better every week...
    Oh.My.God. One of the best episodes ever. The end of this series looks like its going to be amazing.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Tonight's episode was fantastic! Loved it :D
    An average episode for the good Doctor (which still makes it twice as good as anything else on BBC).

It may be too early too say, but John Simm doesn't cut it as the Master. He looks more like a naughty schoolboy and doesn't have the sauve meglomania of Roger Delgado or Anthony Ainley (though he's better than Eric roberts)
    He is playing the Master like Tennant plays the Doctor, but mirrored. Both young, both brilliant... but only one has a TARDIS now.

Also, did anyone else hear the President tell the Master that U.N.I.T. were in charge of the situation? I thought the Slaveen (or however you spell it) killed all the members of U.N.I.T.?
    It may be too early too say, but John Simm doesn't cut it as the Master. He looks more like a naughty schoolboy

:lol: That was my thought, too. Time will tell, of course.

I am gutted that I'll miss next week's, I actually thought this was the finale so was doing a bit of self-impressed "HA HA"-ing myself Master-stylee as I was going to catch it all, but we'll be away before it airs. Will I be able to watch it online afterwards? For being such a geek you think I'd know about these things :D
    There's actualy two more episodes I think (Sound of Drums and Last of the Time Lords) - though there isn't a watch again service yet on the beeb there is always the dvd releases - they release them in blocks of 3 episodes pretty much the week after the last episode on each disc. So you could get it that way if you want to catch up with the show legally...
    Woahh hello doctor who fans :O

Yeah i thought tonights episode was great, a three parter though, the suspense :(

So what did he do with his Sonic screwdriver when it like extended O.o
    Thought it was a great episode, and can't wait to see Simm's Master.

Let's not forget that the clips are all of The Master ruling everything, with as far as he knows no opposition at all (with The Doctor gone) so he's bound to be elated.

Wait to see what he's like over the whole two parter and after The Doctor returns to see if he's still like this by the end.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmm so i'm a little excited that there is ANOTHER time lord, and before someone points it out, yes i was expecting it because of the face of boe but STILL! I have the mind of a child so jumping round the house with the dogs barking at me is totally ok! Yews he's a nasty bastard and yes he is going to go mad and try to kill the world but i'm a simple person so therefor i fully expect the happy ending with the doctor and the master living happily ever in the tardis, with captain jack(swoons) and rose (stabs) and perhaps martha too!!! and rose's mum. hmmm ok so slightly delusional but HEY! THE DOCTOR IS NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    eeeeek!
    I think he's being watching the Meddling Monk in the old Hartnell series. He's missing a black pointy beard and the Master was always elegant, so the stubble doesn't cut it.

Also I can't take John Simm seriously as a baddy. he just doesn't look evil...
    Loved that little speach about telling the Doctor all his plans so he could devise a way to stop him... he thinks NOT lol.

Next episode is all The Master... and that promo says the Doctor is taken prisoner and it is all up to Martha Jones. Interesting stuff!
    ooooh. aaaah.

Does it seem possible The Master could choose how he regenerated? After all he said he wanted to be strong and young like The Doctor.
    Well, some time lords used to always regenerate into the same person each time. others regenerated into a very very similar looking body. The Doctor just lets it all happen at will.

What i find hard to believe is that the Master is alive... i mean, he used up his 13 lives and was granted another 13 by the Time Lord council. Then used all of them up and was killed by the Daleks for good, only to return in that Paul McGann Doctor who special where he is soundly killed... AGAIN.
    Where did this set of lives come from?

Is it that with all the Time Lords dead, their power and essence has been transferred into the the remaining Time Lords; The Doctor and The Master... thus solving the old 13 lives only problem for the Doctor, when it comes to the writers explaination.

I am SO over thinking this...
    I much preferred Jacobi as the Master.

I agree. I'm not quite sure about John Simm yet ... I reckon i'm going to need a lot of convincing.
    That can't be The Master, I can only see him as a 70s coppa.
    So come on... Bigger screwdriver, same sense of humour, mass murdering nutter who becomes PM, builds a rip-off of Marvel Comics SHEILD headquarters and then turns the Doctor old... oh and conquers the world all with a thumping headache... not bad for a baby faced villain!
    oh yeah... did anyone else notice the cartoon style dynamite bomb?
    Its kinda funny to see this thread when all the work I'm doing at the moment is for Doctor Who
    Bit dissapointed. It was an average episode, and whilst I hate to say it. John Simms was terrible. Way too over the top. The Master's an evil meglomaniac, not a japing public schoolboy from Greyfriars.

And UNIT seems to have changed into some world security police, the Brigadier would turn in his grave (well if he was dead)
    Bit dissapointed. It was an average episode, and whilst I hate to say it. John Simms was terrible. Way too over the top. The Master's an evil meglomaniac, not a japing public schoolboy from Greyfriars.

And UNIT seems to have changed into some world security police, the Brigadier would turn in his grave (well if he was dead)

Yeah, I agree. He is not evil enough for the Master. John Simms was completely wrong. David Jacobi would've been much better, I think. I hope that next weeks episode saves it because it would be a shame to end such a fantastic series with this finale. John Barrowman and Captain Jack *does* make it all ok though :heart:

I am intrigued to see how it will all end next week :chin: