Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drug tests

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have applied for a job at the hospital and as a result I have a blood test some time this week to see if I have any diseases. I am worried that it might show up traces of ecstacy and coke. I haven't done coke for a few weeks but i did pills on sunday- but it was only a half. My mate said it only shows up if you are testing for the drugs themselves but I am not sure. I don't want to go back to my parents and say I didn't get the job because I failed a blood test. Any news on this would be appreciated. cheers.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think your in trouble. If they test for drugs your doomed but they will only test for weed. They expect coke addicts to be on the streets so they may not bother. After one joint is takes 8 days to get to the legal limit.
    have to disagree with u there... They wont test for any illegal substances in the blood... even if they do show up in a general bloodtest they can't do n e thing about it but they wont find anything unless they test for the exact substance
    I may be wrong, but I have to agree with Daze.

If you have a bloodtest they have to specify its purpose, which in your case is medical.

Even if they did subversively test for drugs, which they won't because of the cost etc,
    they can not use any information found, or they would be in big shit,

don't worry.

However, if you get the job (good luck) you may find in your contract is a disclaimer saying they can test you randomly, and it may be a disciplinary case if you get found out.

So use your savvy.

derby