Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Finding a job away from home.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am living in London with my Dad, i wish to move back down to Devon where i was born and to be close to my other family that i have hardly spent time with. Im sure my Dad will be moving back down to Devon in year(s) to come. As i want a better life than i have here.

As i would be renting and need to live, i would be after a well paid job. some problems tho.

- I dont have any decent grades, i have GCSEs but no A-C's.
- I dont know what to go for, i looked on a few search jobs websites and nothing excited me.

How can i find a job?

I do wish to join the Police in time to come, but i need a job to pay for food/rent etc.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What are you doing at the moment?
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    google search employment agencies in the area you want to go to, and then give them a bell. Explain your situation, and say you would like them to find you something. Good luck :thumb:
    Try thinking of some companys that have offices in Devon, then try searching their websites for jobs. You could also try working in a pub/shop/restaurant until you find something suitable for you.

have a look at

totaljobs.com
    reed.co.uk
    monster.co.uk
    fish4jobs.com

or look at the local job centre for you area in Devon. You can find it by doing a google search.

:thumb:
    I have tried all those jobs websites. Nothing that i could see/came up suited me or intrested me.

Its so hard because i dont know what to do - ive been stuck in a 3 year supermarket job on the same aisle and dont want to go back there or to another branch.

I dont have any hobbies par say to help me there.

Bar work looks like the only way - but i want a better more forfilling job - i need to earn about £8+ an hour.
    I mean no disrespect by this but with no grades you will not get £8.00 an hour. I'm in a managerial role and I don't earn that p/h. Bar work will be 5.50-6.00 p/h if your lucky.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Its so hard because i dont know what to do - ive been stuck in a 3 year supermarket job on the same aisle and dont want to go back there or to another branch.

As crap as it may sound I reckon trying to get an Internal transfer is gonna be your best bet. It will give you an income to start with and some knowledge within the area and then you can go looking forward to a better job.

No point moving if you're gonna have no cash!
    Bar work looks like the only way - but i want a better more forfilling job - i need to earn about £8+ an hour.

Why? There are some jobs where you can join them and they'll give you some extra training, which might help you.