Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

COULD SOLVENTS DAMAGE YOU?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went through a bad patch a few years ago & I took to solvents to help ease my pain (emotional pain). One time I inhaled too much because I tried to kill myself and I had an astonishing pain in my chest, I could feel my heart racing and I nearly passed out.
The problem is that I'm worried that I could be damaged inside, is this possible?

IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS THE WORD...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Very ladylike. Sure can damage you, clogs your lungs so that will be the pain as well as blood poisoning.
    Is that from personal experience? I'd have thought that you'd prefer LYNX.
    LYNX? What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Never tried anything other than diesel and petrol sniffing.
    Originally posted by ~*LADY LIBERTY*~:
    One time I inhaled too much because I tried to kill myself and I had an astonishing pain in my chest, I could feel my heart racing and I nearly passed out.
    The problem is that I'm worried that I could be damaged inside, is this possible?

If you are at all concerned may I suggest you visit your GP and get your Blood Pressure etc checked out. This I am sure will give you the reassurance you need.

Whilst it is possible it is unlikely you have done any permanent physical damage. What you experienced were the classical symptoms of solvent inhalation.

The tachycardia (racing pulse) and pain are caused by your lungs contracting and heart responding. Due to a lack of oxygenated blood circulating around your system this caused the feeling of fainting.

Obviously this is a warning that you are one of the many people who have a low tolerance to solvents - without sounding like lecturing, you may not be so fortunate next time.

regards derby.

Solvents are a lot more dangerous than you think. My advice is to avoid them at all costs!
    Yeah, they clog up ur airways a lot also can be corrosive to them, also does ur head in causes permenant damage up their if u take to much.