Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Well It Didnt LaSt Long!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just over a week ago, i met the most amazing woman ever, she was older than me 24 infact, which is what attracted me to her big time, the age difference! since being with my last gf, she was younger than me and immature, and since i got with this woman, "what a relief!" it seemed so much easier to have someone that is on the same wave length as yourself!

Anyway, she explained that she wanted to take things slow, however, we started going out together after 3 or 4 days! everything was going absolutely great, even tho i didnt see a great deal of her, because she worked alot.

Can someone tell me if im in the wrong here, yesterday we split up, because she blamed me for being "too possessive!" her reason was, i would keep ringing her and ringing her and texting her while she was working, but all i really wanted to know was if she wanted to see me and when i could see her! i dont know why, but she repeatidly switched her phone off and didnt text back! Her excuse was she was too busy working, and too tired after work but she went home after work without even telling me that she couldnt meet me! how bad is that!

now this obviously made me more and more frustrated, and it made me want her more because she was uncontactable!
If somebody is too possesive, is that a turn off for the other person, or is she playing hard to get?

I love her to bits, and would do anything to get back with her, but shes made it clear that she doesnt want to be with me cus i pestered her too much! even tho shes pissed me off by doing all this, i still want her back! What can i do? everytime i ring her she doesnt aswere or turns her phone off! Shall i just leave it??

Please help!

Comments

• Options
    leave her alone tbh. Shes made it quite clear.
  • Options
    Hey, I agree with Suzy. I would just leave this one. But maybe learn from it- in future don't go mad on the phoning and texting. It can be a bit freaky when you don't know someone well and they're getting in touch with you alllll the time. I don't know what age you are, but maybe she has a different attitude to relationships what with being a little older? I think something I've learned about relationships is just to chill. Good things are good if you just let them be.

Sorry it didn't work out.
  • Options
    TBH I can see her point and she has since made her view perfectly clear. Move on.
  • Options
    Dude, let it lie now. She knows where to find you if she wants you back. Best of luck.
  • Options
    i think you liked her much more than she liked you
    i think you wern't being possesive if she liked you lots but i find if i don't like a guy and they keep ringing then i get really annoyed but when i really like a guy they never ring much...
    i guess you want what you can't have more
    i think you should leave her be and find someone else who appriciates you more :)
  • Options
    brad18 wrote: »
    If somebody is too possesive, is that a turn off for the other person, or is she playing hard to get?
    turn off. big time.
    forget her and move on.
  • Options
    you're freaking me out with your possessivness - and that's your side of the story

you have blown it with her - move on.
  • Options
    From what you've just said, you do come across as clingy - which for me is a big turn off.

I would leave it and move on. She's made it quite clear that she doesn't want to hear from you.
  • Options
    Yep definately too possesive...you say you've only know her for just over a week. You should be taking it easy and seeing each other at the weekend for a date perhaps but nothing much more at the moment. The odd text here and there as a how are you, but not constant ringing and texting all day. Sorry mate but you have blown it. Learn for next time and move on.
  • Options
    just try to relax with women Brad.

the way you were with her was too much, but thats something you learn with age. Im 25 and if a man was behaving like that with me, i wouldnt have it.

Dont think you that you love her. how can you? you barely know her. love grows over man months and years. its prob just lust.

Good luck and I hope you find someone that you can relate to more - and relax!

Sam