Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What is the point...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
of revision? and exams altogether

ok i know really the point but so cant be bothered

maths exam tomorrow afternoon and revision is going so slow

dont know what i'm going to do next week when i have four exams

hmmm.....
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    depends what you wana do after exams i suppose ... at school i knew i wanted to be in the building trade so i didnt really bother much ... but obviously if you wana be a lawyer or something then you need them!!
  • Options
    exams and revision is shit, hence why I did a exam and revisionless BTEC :D
  • Options
    Is that C4 you've got tomorrow?

I know they feel pointless sometimes. They're just a set of hoops you've got to jump through to prove that you have been able to remember and understand a bunch of facts. Or as my teachers like to put it: 'a fanastic chance to show-off and demonstrate your skills, that you should enjoy' :yeees:
  • Options
    The dry drudgery of the academic treadmill....'enjoy!'
  • Options
    Is that C4 you've got tomorrow?

I know they feel pointless sometimes. They're just a set of hoops you've got to jump through to prove that you have been able to remember and understand a bunch of facts. Or as my teachers like to put it: 'a fanastic chance to show-off and demonstrate your skills, that you should enjoy' :yeees:

it is indeed C4-the thing is i know i can do it if i put my mind to it

i mean i had fun doing my C1 resit last week cos i was just doing it for the hell of it as already had a B but now I have to do them I dont want to work-plus feel so crap and know I'm going to fail everything but maths
  • Options
    Well you could always mix things up by revising for the next weeks ones as well as C4! :D

Knew you'd like that one. The point of exams is to show you actually have some vague ability to retain the stuff you've been taught and then do it independantly.

Have fun, c'mon, you can manage suffering for another couple of weeks! :p
  • Options
    Well you could always mix things up by revising for the next weeks ones as well as C4! :D

Knew you'd like that one. The point of exams is to show you actually have some vague ability to retain the stuff you've been taught and then do it independantly.

Have fun, c'mon, you can manage suffering for another couple of weeks! :p

:lol:
    what an idea :yeees:
    going to see my human biology tutor later on to get help and psychology tutor on friday-they really shouldnt give us study leave as i work harder at college-yes i know i could go in but waiting for a phone call
  • Options
    Trust me, it'll all be worth it. I've just finished my finals and with it, formal education.

Slog through it dude - it'll all be worth it in the end. No-one likes exams, but everyone likes post-exam piss-ups!
  • Options
    Am I the only who finds that if they revise, they do worse than they would do if they didn't revise?
  • Options
    I don't mind exams I don't love 'em but don't hate 'em. I just never get stressed by them, it makes me laugh when people are getting so wroked up! I had a friend that for her GCSE's had to take these tranquilisers to calm her down, thats was just a little OTT!

Though I do hate revision, I have the worst concentration span ever, and can't revise in the quiet. I have to have the tele on or music to make it a bit more berable.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Am I the only who finds that if they revise, they do worse than they would do if they didn't revise?

i found that with GCSEs but with as levels and a levels well yeah i failed as level psychology module so thought revision better start