Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

xtc and oral conctraception? HELP!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anybody know if taking ecstacy can actually reduce the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill??? plz email me.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi,
    I would think it doesn't make a difference, but if you are worried about it you could ring in anonymously to speak to a doctor. Or a drugs phoneline, they won't ask for your name or anything and you could pretend you are asking for someone else.
    I'm sure it will be fine.
    Take care.
    Nicola.
    I think it does, and if it doesn't interfere is definatly prevents sexual arousal and orgasm.
    Hi, according to what I understand

Ecstasy does not interfere with the workings of the contraceptive pill. However, Ecstasy bought on the street may contain other substances that may decrease the effectiveness of the pill.

Best to use a condom as well just in case.

regards derby
    If you call either a pharmacist or an OB/GYN they are bound by their 'code of ethics'to provide you with the appropriate information. If you are worried about retribution, call from a payphone & speak to a female if possible. You may encounter an individual with personal issues he/she cannot keep to themselves, but you should not have too much trouble. You would be suprised how much of a pharmacist's expertise is used to resolve illicit/legal med abuse situations. Best of luck...