Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Its hard to stop

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all, Im new to this site but glad I came across it. I am 18 years old and four months pregnant and since being pregnant I havent touched drugs. I dont really have a problem with people doing drugs. I started doing them socially myself about three years ago, but unfortunatly progressed onto doing them more frequently. I think its so important to find the happy medium and know when to stop. I feel that its all ok, but in moderation. When u get to the point that u r blowing all your last pennies on any sniff u can get hold of, its no fun anymore. And I can sat through experiance that when it comes to stopping (and there will b a time) It is very hard. I wish I had stuck to doing drugs socially as I know I would have been able to stop them easy when the time come. As it happens I was on them hard and when I found out I was preggers, it was the hardest thing ever.
All I am trying to say, to anyone who happens to read this, is keep it sweet. Dont ruin the fun by getting in too deep. Take care of yourself and u will b thankfull when the time comes along to stop.

Comments

• Options
    I think your above comment is great advise, extremely sensible and valid.

May I wish you all the very best with your pregnancy, and please continue to use these boards, as you will find them a very safe place to talk about any worries.

take care of yourself and the young'un.
    derby.
  • Options
    Cheers Derby, Glad u liked my mailing.I Love too offer advice and its an added bonus if its good advice lol. Will keep using the boards as Ive had great fun reading and replying dso far and its good to no there is somewhere to go if I need to air my feelings. Thanx for your reply, it made me smile! Lots of love lolly
  • Options
    When you can't stop, it stops being fun. Drugs are great, so long as you can stop. Hope your pregnancy goes well.

I think your comments were great, and I wish there were more ppl with that attitude 2 drugs. Hope to see you on the boards, visit them whenever you feel low or bored. See you soon!
  • Options
    Cheers caliph, glad u could c my point of veiw. I agree, it would be much better if everyone understood how bad things can get. I guess them a lot of lives would be saved too. Sure ill speak to u again!
  • Options
    Lilly, Excellent post, and true words of wisdom. Unfortunately addiction either manifests itself unnoticed or the individual is not capable of making themselves keep their use at a reasonable level, for a variety of reasons. Recreational chemical indulgence is definitely a risky proposition at best. As "Dirty-Harry" posted sometime ago, "either you can or you can't", you need to know where you stand whenever you partake.
  • Options
    Very true words of wisdom there too. I think its a question of your frame of mind too. Somebody who takes drugs and has had problems in their life r more likely to end up with a problem than someone who is very level headed and has no shit they r covering up or trying to escape. If I had heard all this when I first took drugs I would have laughed and said fuck off as you think its a loads of rubbish just too stop u taking them in the first place. I think U have to have been to the end, or seen someone else there, to appreciate that it can go too far and u can get in too deep. The lucky ones r those who can keep it as a social thing or just for when they go out, without ending up on an everyday high. Unfortunatly there r those of us that found drugs and couldnt get enough of em, like me for instance lol!
  • Options
    I agree. Unfortunately a lot of people kid themselves into thinking that they can stop any time they want, they're still in control. They just carry on fooling themselves that everything's fine, and when they finally admit to themselves what's been happening, it's sometimes too late to stop.

Like with a lot of things, when you first hear it it sounds like crap, then you find yourself thinking or saying it a couple of years down the line. Strange that.

Boards are quite slow at the moment, can we have some conroversial (and not too offensive) posts from someone? Thanks.