Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Problem with exam - what to do?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I made a thread a few months ago asking how I go about asking for extra time in my exams due to a medical condition and just got told to get a letter from the opticians and school will sort it out. (because it's a condition related to my vision)

I have a problem - my tutor is aware of my problem, but hasn't informed the centre where I'm doing my exam (which isn't school) about this. I am now panicking. To make it worse, it's a timed exam (well, I have one hour to answer 30 questions) on a computer and I can't read that well and I can't read for long else everything goes blurry and I need to take a break before I start reading again.

What should I do?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    did you get the letter from the opticians? because you're school won't do anything without the evidence.
    if you gave it to the school and they have so far done f* all then phone the center yourself and explain the problem and see what they suggest.
  • Options
    I gave the letter to my tutor (who had written a letter saying that I require extra time for my exams and she explained why) who passed it on to the man who is in charge of exams, but I don't know what he's done with the letter. (probably sent it off to the exam board or something)

I have a meeting with my tutor tomorrow at some point anyway so I'll talk to her about this then.
  • Options
    well... don't panic till you've got a clear answer from your tutor tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Yep I agree with otter- it sounds like you have done everything right and you will find out from your tutor tomorrow if everything has been sorted out. Don't worry and good luck with the exam :)
  • Options
    Talk to your tutor tomorrow, and if you don't get a very clear definite answer then go and track down the exams officer and check with them, and then get in touch with the exams officer at the place you are taking the exam.
  • Options
    I spoke to my tutor today. She said that she'd mentioned before (because of something I said before) that she thought she had a 'special needs' child (me) on the course. She said that she'd talk to them tomorrow to see if it's possible for me to do my exam n paper instead of using the computer to do it.