Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

amphetamines and violence

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it just my imagination, or are people who are heavy speed users much more likely to be violent towards their partners? I'm pretty sure it happens, but does the speed make normal people more aggressive, or are naturally aggressive people more likely to do lots of speed?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah amphetimines like Speed... Especially bass make ppl more violent... I don't know y but it does..Speed n bass is kinda nasty n e way.. dirty drug kinda for kids I think... But definately it does make people more violent
  • Options
    billy (speed) + base...
    cause theres more energy, people need to realise it... (dancing, fighting etc...)
    whatever happens, its going to change a person into someone they're not.. (short term)
  • Options
    Speed can make you violent but if you take too much crack it can cause you to totally lose control and kill someone so never take it to a high unless you're sure.
  • Options
    hey, daze, have you ever got totally high on crack and had violent thoughts?
  • Options
    Nah the violence usually comes after the buzz for me or when u smoke some about a day after u do a little... just cos the withdrawls r going n u feel like fucking something up... Dunno I don't get to violent off too much, wont avoid a fight, but leave other ppl to start em.
  • Options
    The obvious increase in violent/abusive behaviour by heavy speed users is a direct result of the hightened state of awareness and the endorphine surplus. "The Who-Dats?"(paranoia) is another factor.