Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Heroin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a friend who I've known for ages but she has changed a lot recently.
About 4 months ago she had a very bad trip off some dirty acid... Pretty much straight after that she had to go and visit her dad in another country for 3 months... When she came back she was still a bit fucked up with the acid...
She then got into Heroin, only smoking it though... She's not the sort of person who should even try it let alone just using it to get over the acid fuck up...she's only just started speaking 2 me again and I want to get her off it but don't really know how to go about it... I've tried telling her all the bad sides and stuff but she doesn't really care...
She's already lost most of her friends over it and is feeling down bout that as well..
I know when I was on it my friends helped but I got a stong will, she's got a very addictive personality, and doesn't care bout the side affects..
It's fucking up her life...

Any Advice??????

Comments

• Options
    If you can't convince her she has a life outside of drugs then use more forcefull methods. Try stopping her from obtaining it by hiding her money, telling the dealer there are better deals elsewhere or even taking out the dealer but you have to be careful because the cops may get involved and they will find out what its about.
  • Options
    thats probably not very helpful advise..
    taking out a dealer would be more harmful to a person than trying to help someone thats not intending to give up..
    also hiding money is not very inititive..
    (money can be gained any way that a person needs). if that person does listen to the bad effects that heroin may have, then they will continue anyway. the way to help maybe is to be with them when they go out with others and get to know the people that they know (keeping anger aside), then slowly (but unknowingly) side track them away from those people. easier said than done, but, they can still get stuff, but if someone that is there who cares, a further step has been taken.
  • Options
    You don't understand, this isn't a tobacco addiction, this is heroin and you can't distract her from it as the symptoms include siezing up and sweating and having constipation. Distracting her won't help, you need to take serious action.
  • Options
    i dont talk from peronal experience of the heroin.. but i knew and know people in the same situation.. i meant from the msg before that distracting her away from the crowd may help. getting of the shit is a different situation. this i cant say much about.