Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Baby Borrowers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Here's an interesting request from the BBC for people to talk part in a show (though we'd like to point out it's the Beeb and not us who don't think 16 - 19 year olds can be grown up...)

Can’t wait to grow up and move into your own place?
Are you fed up with people not treating you as an adult?
Do you wonder what life is like as a parent?

BBC Three’s series The Baby Borrowers is looking for teenage couples (aged between 16 -19) who would like to experience life as a grown-up.

If you would like to live in your own house, take on adult responsibilities and get the chance to look after babies and children, then please get in touch.

This is a real opportunity to road-test your relationship and find out more about your partner and yourself.

If you are interested in taking part in this programme please call 020 7497 4076 or email rachel.harvie@loveproductions.co.uk

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    question: what is a "baby borrower"?
    otter wrote: »
    question: what is a "baby borrower"?

They lend the teenagers someone else's baby for a few days to see how they cope.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    ooh ooh I saw something like this, I assume it was the same series.

Was quite good, but not a chance would you get me on it, it was full of chavs who wanted a baby at 14 1/2! (and Im outside the age limit - but Im not bitter :p)
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    They lend the teenagers someone else's baby for a few days to see how they cope.

and come back to find their first born has been sold for a bottle of white lightning and ten lambert & butler :D

They are having a laugh, if they think anyone is going to lend them their babies
    Calvin wrote: »
    and come back to find their first born has been sold for a bottle of white lightning and ten lambert & butler :D

They are watched via camera link at all times and sometimes they have to step in either to warn them about something being dangerous/ stupid / bad for the child's development or sometimes they have to remove the borowed baby for its own safety.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    They are watched via camera link at all times and sometimes they have to step in either to warn them about something being dangerous/ stupid / bad for the child's development or sometimes they have to remove the borowed baby for its own safety.

still dont think I would let them have my baby mind you.
    I'll DO IT :D
    Hellfire wrote: »
    I'll DO IT :D

what? lend your baby? :p

I'm in the age limit but my bf isn't. And i certainly don't want babies yet. I know someone who could go on there - she's wanted a baby since she was 13 and keeps trying to get pregnant. However, she had one of those baby simulator things and it made her want one even more!
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I know someone who could go on there - she's wanted a baby since she was 13 and keeps trying to get pregnant. However, she had one of those baby simulator things and it made her want one even more!

Someone should buy her a PlayStation to keep her busy, she would soon realise she aint got time for babies :D
    id never lend my baby out to teenagers who didnt actually know how to look after babys actually id never lend my baby out to anyone...if i had a baby of course
    thats nuts.
    Hellfire surely youre not actually considering lending Theo??? :O
    Isnt Lolz still breastfeeding him anyway?
    thats nuts.
    Hellfire surely youre not actually considering lending Theo??? :O
    Isnt Lolz still breastfeeding him anyway?
    lol, no i was jokingly saying i'd go onto the show ;)
    Hellfire wrote: »
    lol, no i was jokingly saying i'd go onto the show ;)

Im sure they would pay you quite well ;)
    I AM NOT lending my child to a bunch of chavs
    surely it would be better to give them the baby simulators? But then again they probably won't bother if it's not real. I have no idea how they're going to get babies for it though.
    I seen the first series of baby borrowers, it was really good I thought!!