Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

drugs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why do people take drugs. Please help co I am doing some research

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why and for whom are you doing the research? I'm quite happy to give you my thoughts on it but i'm not going to do your homework for you.

Peace & Happiness<P class="body">
    I THINK PEOPLE USE DRUGS AS A CRUTCH AND WHEN THINGS ARE NOT GOING THERE WAY THEY USE DRUGS AS A SORT OF COMFORT BLANKET.
    I am a drug the woman get a bit of me and they are tripping for years they keep comming back thats the problem you see. I pick them up whem im drunk i wake beside them and there in bits and they still being bet by the ugly stick
    and all of a sudden they think i should do it again what will i do?
    My other half takes drugs because he has osteo arthritis in his neck, spine and knees. He has a lack of circulation which is killing his lower legs slowly (he almost has no skin left on them now). He has a heart murmur (and has even died once!). He has had three back operations. Prior to the last one he was on his back on the living room floor for 6 months waiting for the operation (which was put off twice). He has been told that he needs a knee replacement but they won't do it because he probably wouldn't come out of the aneasthetic. He takes 26 tablets a day (pain killers, circulation drugs, aspirin & vitamin C), sometimes more; and for some reason he's depressed, so he takes Prozac!<P class="body">
    I take drugs, have taken pretty much everything in my time, the reason y I take them is pleasure, As long as u take the right ones that r safe it's ok.
    I used to go out spend £50 on alcohol, u can go out spend a couple of quid and trip, £5 and pill, it's a better experience, u gotta take risks in life ootherwise u havn't done n e thing in my opininion, I wanna try everything in my life and so far I have
    I got hooked on speed for a while when my girl dumped me. She was the only thing going for me in life and the though of her growing up in life without me at her side was the most upsetting thought. I would have done ANYTHING to ease the pain.
    Hey, Daze
    You say you have done everything in your time. Have you done heroin, cocaine or speed. It takes a dose of heroin to realise the bad side to drugs and once you have done it you understand what sort of world your in. I still do stuff like speed and 2CB but I am trying to help my heroin addict friends or find them another dealer because I now realise how bad it is for them. But as far as LSD, ecstasy and other play-drugs go....WAHAAAAAY!!!
    D-H

You say heroin addiction is a bad thing. I just looked at your profile thingy and you list your interests as 'injecting heroin'. Are you taking the piss or what?
    I have been on heroin but but gradually replacing with speed then reducing the speed then going on holiday so I coundn't get any. I went nuts but I will not get addicted again.
    ADDITION

Injecting is not pleasant as I can't stand needles and I was always afraid of getting an air bubble in my vein.
    Originally posted by dirty_harry:
    ADDITION

Injecting is not pleasant as I can't stand needles and I was always afraid of getting an air bubble in my vein.

I wish you all the luck in the world with keeping off the stuff.

Maybe you should change your profile to read "not injecting".

Yeah I done that shit Harry, n it is shit, I'm off it now n have been for long enuff to know I'm off it, took me almost a year before all the effects of the shit came out of me. Never do that shit Crack or Heroin it's not worth it, it's shit that's all it is. Take it from some1 who almost lost everything.
    Daze

I am totaly of all addictive drugss now but even though I have not done heroin in ages I still feel some cravings for the warm rush you get from injecting. Will this pass away?
    Harry, if it's only a craving for the feeling ur feeling well ur ok...
    After the real withdrawl symptons go away(shakes, temper, depression, sweating n stuff)ur always gonna be left with the craving I think.... I don't wanna say it but when u try something that feels that good ur always want to do it again just for the pleasure of '1 last hit'.
    I don't know whether it lasts forever apparently cracks the worst for withdrawls but I came off both pretty much at the same time.
    But as i say I dont think ur ever gonna get over wanting it cos like chocalate u like the taste and ur always gonna want to eat it.