Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ex's bday - what do i do??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so i broke up with my ex bout month ago, havent spoken or seen him since (been waitin on me cooling down and being ready to talk again)
We both will stay friends weve known eachother for 10yrs or so so cant imagin not being friends.

The thing is its his bday today. Now do i text him and say 'happy birthday' or just leave it? would this spoil his day or would he be more anoyed/upset at me ignoring him?

it would be the first contact weve had, either way i no im going to be the first to make contact at some point but do i do it now or not??

What do i do??

please help

Thanks xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Send him a txt, you've known each other for so long it would be wrong not to.

Don't buy him a present though cos he'll think you're a right weirdo then.
    Yea I don't see whats wrong with just texting him to say Happy Birthday. Even though you've split up you can still be polite and friendly.
    Send a text saying 'Happy Birthday', you've known eachother for a long time so you can still be friendly. To be honest, he's probably expecting one from you, even if it is only as a friend.

My girlfriend text me happy birthday after I'd left her for someone else, just because we'd been together for so long.
    Like everyone else, I would text him Happy Brithday but wouldn't bother buying him a present of anything like that.
    If you want to talk to him then say happy birthday. If you dont want to talk yet, then dont bother.
    I agree with everyone else
    Text him just to wish him happy birthday you've known each other a very long time.
    Things arent lookin very good again for me and my bf and its his bday on in july so if the worst comes to the worst and we do split id still text him to wish him a happy birthday
    If you want to talk to him then say happy birthday. If you dont want to talk yet, then dont bother.

:yes:

Also remember that, in general, blokes don't give much of a shit about people saying happy birthday...