Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Teeth

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
No matter what i do my teeth always seem to be a nasty shade of beige/yellow. I brush, i use mouthwash, i don't eat many sugary foods....where am I going wrong! Whitening Toothpaste hasn't worked. Can anyone recommend anything? Ta.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Get them whitened professionally from the dentist. Only cost a few hundred quids. :thumb:
    Calvin wrote: »
    Get them whitened professionally from the dentist. Only cost a few hundred quids. :thumb:

Can't afford that :|
    Renzo wrote: »
    Can't afford that :|

I would save up for it then; or get a credit card. Whitening toothpastes aren't good for your teeth, all they do is stain your teeth white, which only last a few days.
    Calvin wrote: »
    I would save up for it then; or get a credit card. Whitening toothpastes aren't good for your teeth, all they do is stain your teeth white, which only last a few days.

I should probably point out at this point I'm a student who's already way into their overdraft. £200 is about 6 weeks living costs. I need something cheaper.
    I should probably point out at this point I'm a student who's already way into their overdraft. £200 is about 6 weeks living costs.

Apply for a hardship loan. Thats what I did. :D

But i wouldn't expect the whitening toothpastes to work they way you want. It might be worth going to the dentist and letting them [SIZE=-1]polish your teeth, this might help. But your not going to get a Richard Hammond smile from using whitening toothpaste. Avoiding drinking coffee and red wine should stop your teeth from becoming more stained.

:thumb:
    [/SIZE]
    If you drink lots of red wine, coffee, or smoke, then you are fighting a losing battle.

Find a picture with you and a couple of mates in it, where you can see a couple of peoples teeth (facebook might come in handy here) and look closely at it. You'll probably actually find that yours aren't noticably worse than anyone elses.

Very few people have sparkling white teeth, and when you see someone that does you'll tend to notice and think the look fake.

I'd stick with the good dental hygiene, brush twice and day, with fluoride toothpaste, floss and use mouthwash and leave it at that.

You have to be very warey of whitening products because many of them work by taking a fine layer off the surface of your teeth which isn't necessarily a good thing.
    No matter what i do my teeth always seem to be a nasty shade of beige/yellow. I brush, i use mouthwash, i don't eat many sugary foods....where am I going wrong! Whitening Toothpaste hasn't worked. Can anyone recommend anything? Ta.

I've already posted this before .. you have to import it from the USA though

300.jpg
    There's this teethwhitening paintbrush my mate used to use. He had pearlies that shamed any cartoon character, cause they actually did go 'DING' when he grinned at you. My ears have just got over that 'ringing' sensation. Haha.

I think it's 10squid from Boots, it's a Hollywood Smile paintbrush you paint over each tooth and it dazzles them muchos!
    I think some people just have naturally not white teeth... in my non professional opinion ;)

I've been using some stuff lately, Crest and Listeriene make it, its a pre whitening rinse. I bought the Listerine one. It hasn't been long but I see a difference already. And you don't get the zebra stripes like many of those nasty otc strips would give you that only cover the first 4 teeth. However, since you swish it all around and it does contain hydro peroxide and other stuff, one side effect I've found is for the next hour or so you'll get nasty white peely skin all inside your mouth and cheeks and eating, especially taffy, is just downright gross during that time.

I don't think there was any difference in price between the pre rinse and any other type of mouthwash, either.
    my dentist recommended the arm and hammer toothpaste cos my teeth dont seem to like being white either you can pick it up in boots im sure and deffinatly if you go hunting in pound shops but you can get different versions of it anyway just try looking for a bicarbanate of soda tooth paste
    Stop smoking fags and drinking to much :p.
    I had my teeth whitened on the NHS... If they can see a biological reason why your teeth are yellow, they'll do it on the NHS. I had yellow teeth because I was allergic to cows milk as a baby and grew up on soya milk, which stained my teeth... apparently lol.
    Sopycookie wrote: »
    my dentist recommended the arm and hammer toothpaste cos my teeth dont seem to like being white either you can pick it up in boots im sure and deffinatly if you go hunting in pound shops but you can get different versions of it anyway just try looking for a bicarbanate of soda tooth paste

I've been using that stuff for ages and it hasn't worked :grump:
    Buy a teeth whitening kit from superdrug, costs about £7, comes in a white box. Works pretty well if you follow the instructions. Its a case of wearing a nice and comfy mouth tray filled with gunk for 10 minutes a day and it probably does burn the enamel off your teeth but fuck it you'll have nice shiny teeth :thumb: