Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Psychology Degree

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
ok so im just finished 2nd year psychology which was worth 40% to my degree and to be honest i pissed about a lot and i reckon i got an average of about 50%...i heard that if you want a psychology degree which would actualy be worth anything you have to get at least a 2:1....hopefully i will be able to get a 2:1...but if not does anyone know if you can gain entry to specific areas in psychology such as a masters???
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't get too stressed out until you get your results back and are able to fully assess the marks situation. You may have done better than you think.

Most British Psychological Society accredited post grad courses require a 2.1 or above but this does not mean that they would never accept someone with a 2.2 especially if they also have relevent experience. Take a look at the BPS website for information relating to courses and career possibilities http://www.bps.org.uk/careers/accredited-courses/accredited-courses.cfm

You admit that you have messed around a bit this year and been a true craicjunkie but at least you know that already and you have the chance to turn things around for next year :) If your second year is worth 40%, you can pull your grade up a lot with your 3rd year. Stay positive!
    cheers ill have a look at that now!:thumb:
    :yes: psychology based careers / masters courses are usually very competitive for entry. experience as well as a good degree is usually critical and it might be worth you bearing that in mind if you want to go any higher.