Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

toning up my thighs?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm going to majorca in the beginning of september and i want to tone up and lose a little weight before i go. i'm not overly bothered about my weight as i've already lost the bulk of it, but my thighs seem to be the part that has changed the least and i still feel that they are really horrible to look at, so i want to concentrate on toning them up. i've been doing sit ups every other day but obviously this is only affecting my stomach, does anyone know of any useful and/or effective exersises that will help my thighs?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    are you a member of a gym? a cross trainer or rower would be good. :)

if not.. put your back against a wall and lower your bottom so it's level with your knees, almost like you're sitting on an invisible chair. you should really feel that in your thighs. but obviously you'll need to do more than that..
    Lie on your side and keeping your leg straight move it up and down.

Get on all fours and then move one leg up and down. You should definitely start to feel it!

Start off doing 20 on each leg and increase it every few days.

Also do squats by keeping your legs at shoulder width and keeping your back straight. Up and down!
    I know this sounds like I'm taking the piss but I'm not - walking. Everywhere.

My family don't own a car so I potter about on me feet, probably get a few miles in each day. Could crush a melon between my thighs :razz:
    And lunges. And if you do go the gym, the stairmaster (if that isn't everybodies personal hell) or a treadmill at high incline. And scissors for your outter thighs, and broken scissors for your inner. (put your op leg on the floor and lift your bottom leg.)
    i'm a member of my uni gym, but moneys tight so cant really afford it at the moment. i already walk everywhere anyways, but will definetely try the other exersises suggested, thankyou :)
    I'm with my_name - personally, I think fuck off all this walking and special lady leg wavy exercise crap.

Lunges alone will give you AWESOME quads! for your hamstrings I would say squats is easiest way.

But without getting that technical I would highly recommend lunges, I would do 4 sets of 10-12 reps to get a nice pumped muscle.

If you find you can do more than 4x10 with body then incorporate a light dumbell in each hand and work up each time you hit your target..

Within a month you would have a definate noticeable difference:thumb:
    I think fuck off all this walking and special lady leg wavy exercise crap

And a personal ban of the word 'tone', it's just a fluffy way of saying muscle minus fat ;)

Lunges and squats are some of the best exercises for your legs. Squatting against a wall like suggested is also pretty good, you can really feel the burn with that one. Most important thing about all of this though is your diet, as you need the right fuel to get the most in terms of changes of composition. Eat regularly, get the right carbs with the right fats and good protein.