Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

United sign Anderson and Nani "in principle"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
This must be a wind up surely? United making 2 signings and a likely 3rd before the end of May? It's never usually that easy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6706423.stm
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dubbed 'the new Ronaldinho' (Anderson) and 'the new Cristiano Ronaldo' (Nani), though I hate when people do that, because it heaps too much pressure on the players.

Have to say I'm over the moon though. 2 young promising players (19 & 20) to add to the ranks. Seem like Scholes and Giggs future replacements to me.

I doubt it's a wind-up as it's on all the major websites and on the official Man United website (www.manutd.com).

The business needs to be quick these days. Fergie has learnt that if you beat around the bush Chelsea will sniff out your targets and sign them for more money. We've also got an entire pre-season to bed new players in before the new season. It makes sense to tie up deals ASAP. Negotiations have probably been going on behind the scene for months. I would say Carlos Quieroz has been fundamental in the selection and signing of these players.
    Heard good things about both of these players. Both apparently play in the "United" style.

Roll on August
    I absolutely shat myself when I read "United sign Anderson" :impissed:
    Hargreaves signing just confirmed as well. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6707995.stm

Triple coup and it's not even June! I'm already counting the days until pre-season to see some of these new boys in action.
    I don't think we will be seeing Anderson during pre season, he will be in the copa America comp.

Anyways, so whos going to be sold to try cover the cost of these 3? Richardson, Heinze?
    red88 wrote: »
    I don't think we will be seeing Anderson during pre season, he will be in the copa America comp.

Anyways, so whos going to be sold to try cover the cost of these 3? Richardson, Heinze?

Those 2 look like good possibilities, and I'd be disappointed if Heinze was allowed to leave.

Saha or Smith are other possibilities.

I can see 3 or 4 players leaving. The club will want to streamline the squad to keep the wage-bill down.
    i think (hope) Richardson will definitely leave. then either Silvestre or Heinze will go, unfortunately it's looking like Gabby will be the one to go. then depending on whether we get a striker as well, Saha to go. and hopefully give Rossi some games, as he's pretty much saved Parma from relegation this season, and looked awesome in the process.
    50-odd million spent before the transfer window even opens? That damn Chelsea always trying to buy the league, eh? ;)
    50-odd million spent before the transfer window even opens? That damn Chelsea always trying to buy the league, eh? ;)

There's a big difference in earning your money (what's the prize money for the prem these days? £50m?) and just getting it handed to you by a Russian. You'd be foolish to think you can't win the league without spending money though - United can't stand still or Chelsea will move ahead of us next year.

I'd be interested to see if it's actually £50m as well. It may rise to that with clauses depending on appearances and success but I doubt the initial figures reach that. So far those figures are purely speculative. I'm sure we'll sell to recoup some of the spending as well.
    No doubt we will offload a lot of the youngsters and 3/4 senior players to try and get some of the money back. Maybe thats why United have moved so quickly, get the good news in first before the cull :P
    Not a Man Utd fan so excuse my ignorance, but I thought Saha was quality? When he wasn't injured he seemed to be getting the goals...

I always thought Heinze looked pretty solid, but he did get ripped apart my AC Milan, they made him look championship standard! But i was under the impression Silvestre was on his way out to Lyon?

Rossi looks a quality player for in a few seasons time i have to agree!

Oh and I see the Prem League are taking a close look at the Anderson situation, fearing another Tevez problem is on the horizon according to todays papers...

Whats the rest of the youth squad coming through like? any promising youngsters to the class of Rossi that you wanna throw down a few divisions to the erm, mighty Forest?
    O_o wrote: »
    i think (hope) Richardson will definitely leave. then either Silvestre or Heinze will go, unfortunately it's looking like Gabby will be the one to go. then depending on whether we get a striker as well, Saha to go. and hopefully give Rossi some games, as he's pretty much saved Parma from relegation this season, and looked awesome in the process.
    saha is okay and has pace, but he's just not strong enough imo and gets bullied off the ball far too easy....i think we should keep heinze as he provides good cover, silvestre should go though and fletcher while you're at it, richardson hmm well he has potential but we've been saying that for a while now...
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    Not a Man Utd fan so excuse my ignorance, but I thought Saha was quality? When he wasn't injured he seemed to be getting the goals...

I always thought Heinze looked pretty solid, but he did get ripped apart my AC Milan, they made him look championship standard! But i was under the impression Silvestre was on his way out to Lyon?

Rossi looks a quality player for in a few seasons time i have to agree!

Oh and I see the Prem League are taking a close look at the Anderson situation, fearing another Tevez problem is on the horizon according to todays papers...

Whats the rest of the youth squad coming through like? any promising youngsters to the class of Rossi that you wanna throw down a few divisions to the erm, mighty Forest?

Saha is far too injury-prone. You're correct that he's been good when he's been fit, especially this season, but unfortunately those periods of fitness are few and far between. Rossi is promising and has had a successful loan at Parma, but he still has it all to prove in the Premier League.

Heinze is good and I doubt many United fans want him to leave but he hasn't been quite the same since injury and Evra seems to be first choice now if he's fully fit. Fergie seems to be building a team of incredible pace.

I dunno about the probe into the Anderson transfer. I think it was over the fact that his agent received £5m from Porto (20% of the deal) because he had originally paid 20% of the money to bring Anderson to Porto from Gremio, so effectively owned 20% of the player. Sounds a bit weird and it's only paper speculation so I don't know.

There's very promising youth coming from the class of Rossi (Pique, Evans, Simpson) who have a first team future, but they'll only be loaned out to top division clubs in Europe if they are even loaned out at all. There's another group of youngsters led by a Belfast boy Cathcart (the U18s) who would be a more realistic loan option, but they usually go to Championship clubs.
    Addict wrote: »
    Saha is far too injury-prone. You're correct that he's been good when he's been fit, especially this season, but unfortunately those periods of fitness are few and far between. Rossi is promising and has had a successful loan at Parma, but he still has it all to prove in the Premier League.

Heinze is good and I doubt many United fans want him to leave but he hasn't been quite the same since injury and Evra seems to be first choice now if he's fully fit. Fergie seems to be building a team of incredible pace.

to be fair Rossi hasn't really been given a chance in the league yet. his loan spell at Newcastle was poor because they hardly played him. I would be gutted if Heinze left.
    O_o wrote: »
    his loan spell at Newcastle was poor because they hardly played him.

Yeah, Fergie got the arse over that, hence why he loaned him back to his first club - more chance of first team action...

I'd be gutted if Heinze went, he's much better back up than Silvestre. Look forward to seeing the back of the "legend in his own mind" Richardson and Sicknote Saha. Those should help fund the recent buys - like last year when Fergie's transfer dealing pretty much broke even...
    Look forward to seeing the back of the "legend in his own mind" Richardson and Sicknote Saha.

Can't see Richardson bringing in more than 3 or 4 mil... then again he's English and has played for Man Utd, should inflate that price to twice that!

Do you see a Saha - Anelka swap deal coming up perhaps?

Always considered Anelka a quality player, he seemed to get his act together under Big Sam too, think Fergie could bring the best out of him?
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    Can't see Richardson bringing in more than 3 or 4 mil... then again he's English and has played for Man Utd, should inflate that price to twice that!

Do you see a Saha - Anelka swap deal coming up perhaps?

Always considered Anelka a quality player, he seemed to get his act together under Big Sam too, think Fergie could bring the best out of him?

I'm not sure if Le Sulk would be too happy sitting on the bench, but it's an interesting rumour.

I think if there's one thing we lack right now it's a decent big striker who can hold up the ball and win flick on headers etc. Saha can do it quite well when he's fit, but that's the problem, he's never fit!