Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Red Dwarf

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Well, i just finished watched all the series of Red Dwarf including with the cast commentary on and i still find it all hilarious! Completely funny and brilliant and despite the dodge wobbly sets, which are all part of the charm, not at all dated.

Series 1 and 2 were Brilliant with the odd couple relationship of Lister and Rimmer with Kat and Holly doing the supporting role. Then series 3, 4 and 5 with Kryten in the gang were funny, though i never did like the second Holly as much as Norman Lovett as Holly.
I never understood why so many fans hated the episode Meltdown where Rimmer shouts at Ghandi! i mean, thats just class!

Series 6, despite being away from Red Dwarf was exceptionally well written and made. Series 7 Assasination of Kennedy episide was brilliant but the rest of the series was poor and series 8 was back to its best form.

All i am saying is, i Love Red Dwarf! Does anyone else??? Isn't it the best sci-fi sitcom of all time ever??? :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I havent watched it for years but it was hilarous. The dodgy sets (and sometimes acting) just added to it.

We had a dress up day at school for charity once and one of my friends at the time went as Rimmer. Considering we where only 10 or 11 at time its quite cool.
    Overally I thought Hyperdrive was probably better, but it was made recently so just played a lot better and was tighter with the writing. Then again season 1 of Red Dwarf is one of my all time favourites - I was just blown away by it when it came on the telly.
    God I hate Red Dwarf...I think it's more geeky than Star Wars Jim. :p
    Nothings geekier than star wars these days - go play with your Jar-Jar dolls -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GJOVPjhXMY

Though I'd happily admit that once Red Dwarf stopped being a comedy and tried to be sci-fi it became dreadful.
    What??? Only and i mean ONLY series 7 of Red Dwarf was crap and that was purely due to the absence of Rimmer for most of the series!

All the others were HILARIOUSLY AWESOME!
    Bullseye wrote: »
    What??? Only and i mean ONLY series 7 of Red Dwarf was crap and that was purely due to the absence of Rimmer for most of the series!

All the others were HILARIOUSLY AWESOME!

Guess thats subject to opinion, isn't it.
    You're all crazy! CRAZY i say!
    I love Red Dwarf.
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I love Red Dwarf.

me too

have you seen the one where theres a GILF and it's an alien which is the desire of the individual who sees it... the Cat's desire is hilarious
    hazell wrote: »
    have you seen the one where theres a GILF and it's an alien which is the desire of the individual who sees it... the Cat's desire is hilarious

GELF - Genetically Engineered Life Form.

[/sad act]

And the the JFK episode is my favourite too, love the twist about who really killed him...
    Man I love me some Red Dwarf, haven't seen it in eons though.
    GELF - Genetically Engineered Life Form.

i knew that really
    I think the Marooned episode is one of the best sitcom episodes I've ever seen, and it's pretty much just two people sat there talking.
    Season six has to be my favourite, never a dull moment! Just a shame they then followed it up with the most disappointing pile of gash they could possibly have produced! In my opinion, eight wasn't really a return to form either. It was better than seven, but there weren't really any classic moments as far as I'm concerned.

I still have my fingers crossed for either the movie or a season nine, but I'm not entirely convinced we'll ever see them to be honest. Would be good to see the season eight cliffhanger resolved, although then again Red Dwarf cliffhangers have a tendency to be forgotten about by the writers of the next series! :D
    I do enjoy Red Dwarf. Series 6 was my first. I bought every dvd with the exception of Series 8 on the day it came out, and i still havn't bought 8...don't know why! Unfortunatly one of my old housemates never gave me back my Series 4 disc so i will need to get that on the cheap somewhere.

I love the Gunmen of the Apocolypse episode.