Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Childline Advert

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just saw this advert on channel 4.

A plastic doll on a bed with a little girl (one of the talking ones) and it goes on about telling secrets and things then it says "and her mummy comes into her room, and punches her and punches her and punches her" like its locked up.

Really sent a shiver down my spine, it makes its point though i suppose.

The last one here was freaky too.

Anyone else think the same thing?

Just a random thread, think its in the right section.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, I saw it just like 2 mins ago and I hate it. I try to turn over whenever I hear it. It really upsets me, but things like that tend to anyway.
  • Options
    They do it intentionally to guilt people into giving them money.
  • Options
    Yeah I saw it too, its horrible and made shivers go down my spine. Thats the intention though right. To shock people and get them to donate to childline.
  • Options
    Its horrible- but really effective at getting the message accross. I'll donate some dollar- as soon as I'm paid :(
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    Its horrible- but really effective at getting the message accross. I'll donate some dollar- as soon as I'm paid :(

See I object to these types of adverts for this reason-people then feel sort of obliged to donate. I already donate to two charities, and make a point of not making cash donations to any others. You can't help everyone in the world.
  • Options
    The ones I've seen recently seem to almost be aimed more at raising awareness and getting across the sources of help for the victims of abuse, rather than directly wanting money.

I don't like them, in that I don't enjoy them, but they do a good job of raising awareness of something that a lot of people forget about.