Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Horrible periods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok just wana say sorry in advance if this is horrible and too graphic, but couldnt find anything to help me on the boards..

Well im on the pill but missed two pills from my pack cos i was away on holidays, anyways i was soo worried all week because i still had sex on hols. My period came on yesterday but when it did it was really light and weird, the blood is not red like it normally is, its a weird brown/black colour and i have really really bad pains which i've never had before {i dont get any pains with my period usually}just wondering if anyone else has had anything like this before, and what caused it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How long have you been on the pill for?

As you probably already know it isn't wise to have sex when you've missed one pill let alone two, you're meant to use extra contraception for a further 7 days.

As for what you have described it is probably the start of your period. Mine usually starts with a day of horrible brown stuff and then my period begins. I always know when because i also get very bad stomach ache.
    I never used to get bad period pain until a few months into taking the pill which is why i asked how long you had been on it for.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but if continues like that and you're still worried then maybe take a trip to the doctors.
    I've been on the pill for 2 years..

I know we should of used something but we wer drunk and i forgot i hadnt taking my pills, usually my phone reminds me but had it switched off..

i've never had it like that before though and i never get pains so maybe i need to change my pill.
    angelgirl wrote: »
    i've never had it like that before though and i never get pains so maybe i need to change my pill.

As it's only happened the once, I wouldn't think about swaping pills yet... see what you next cycle is like and if it's painful after that go see the doctor about it then. It could be that you had pains because of missing two pills and it messed up your hormones or something.

The brown blood is normal... It's just when it's 'old'... it's been sitting for a while before it's come out instead of it just being fresh. You're more likely to get it in the morning because it can pool in the vagina as you're lying down; or at the start or end of your period. I get it a lot.