Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

where to put this tattoo?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm looking for a little advice on tattoos! I want a small ribbon bow design which i think is pretty cute. Kinda like this picture, but just the bow part

http://www.starnj.com/Images/Ribbon/Images/ribbon_bow.jpg

where do you think would be the best place to have this? Im thinking maybe lower back to the right or left, my ankle, my shoulder, my hip or possibly inside wrist. What do you all think?
also i cant decide wether to have it in a colour or black!

oh well.. i have a lot of time to think about it!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Colours on tats tend to fade over time, so I'd stick to black to be safe.

Not sure about the placement of a tattoo like that; gotta be careful you don't wind up looking like a birthday present! ;)
    Lower back looks cute, alot of girls have that. I'd get it in black, and get it shaded- colour fades quickly.

I think that your ankle might be the best...imo, but choose carefully.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I agree, you should go for black.

I have my tattoos on the bottom of my back, after much thinking and deliberating. Your back is less likely to sag when you get older, and you are able to cover it up when needs be, and show it off when you like.
    I think it would look cute around your ancle, instead of just the bow part, have the long ends extend around your entire ancle like its tied around a gift.

Or maybe in the center of your upper back, between your houlder blades.
    On your neck at the nape would look cool- so if your hair is down you can choose to cover it up. Wrist would look good too- just bear in mind that colour does fade, and more so if it's exposed to the sun.
    I have a bow on the back of my neck and it looks lovely there. I'd opt for just having the outline - you can always get it coloured later if you really want to. You might want to consider having some shading on it to as the outline can look a bit 'empty' sometimes. This is the dilema I currently have - one day I want shading, the next I like it as it is! Grr.
    I found a good way to test out placements is to draw the design on some clear plastic...like a plastic document wallet kinda thing, something floppy but see through. then you can just lay it where ever u want it.....worked a treat.
    draw it on with marker pens and leave it there for a while to see if you like it.
    My mate has a bow on her ankle, she's got it facing outside e.g. on her right ankle, on the right side. It's plain black and it looks classy.