Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Does anyone else get this

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For a couple of days each month - I look well much more stunning than usual - my skin is exellent and my hair does what its supposed to and I normally look just really nice.

I'm sure its hormonal but its always during my period ;<

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I look worse than usual a couple of days a month, I guess that's the same kind of thing...
    For a couple of days mid-period I do feel better, like my hair is glossy and skin is shining ha I wish probably just because I feel so rough and shit for the week before and the first few days of my period that by mid period I am returning to feeling OK.

mmm that probably doesn't even make sense!
    Oh dear that probably means I look crap the rest of the time. The mad thing is that i feel awful but look amazing (like enough for other people to notice and comment on)

Madneess you would have thought that mother nature would have made you at your most beautiful at the point your most fertile to attract - unless i'm randomly most fertile during my period.
    how do you know you are most fertiile during your period

- ha it's just me being a silly little girl who doesn't know anything now!
    I always break out in spots and look and feel like shit the week before my period. So once it arrives, it's something of a relief and my skin clears up and I look and feel better.
    I usually feel shit when I'm on. Only time that I get any spots and my hair goes greasy when usually it's fine. Eugh.
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    how do you know you are most fertiile during your period

- ha it's just me being a silly little girl who doesn't know anything now!

I don't know i am - I probably should know though by now but I've actually no idea but I think probably just after -
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I don't know i am - I probably should know though by now but I've actually no idea but I think probably just after -

Oh right I thought I was being stupid not knowing!

You don't really need to know unless you are trying for a baby do you? I suppose it would help to know when you are most likely so you could be doubly careful lol or mabye that's just me :razz:
    Nature's form of compensation? :)
    Oh right I thought I was being stupid not knowing!

You don't really need to know unless you are trying for a baby do you? I suppose it would help to know when you are most likely so you could be doubly careful lol or mabye that's just me :razz:

From what I have always understood, most women are at their fertile peak around 14 days into their cycle (ie, 14 days after the first day of their period). When the egg is released, there is only a couple of days where pregnancy is highly likely.

Apparently some women can feel when they ovulate. It is important to know, to understand your body. Apparently women feel more horny then and are more likely to be attracted to rugged, manly looking men who biologically would be likely to impregnate them. Then during their period they go for more girly looking men (eg Mark Owen).
    katchika wrote: »
    From what I have always understood, most women are at their fertile peak around 14 days into their cycle (ie, 14 days after the first day of their period). When the egg is released, there is only a couple of days where pregnancy is highly likely.

Apparently some women can feel when they ovulate. It is important to know, to understand your body. Apparently women feel more horny then and are more likely to be attracted to rugged, manly looking men who biologically would be likely to impregnate them. Then during their period they go for more girly looking men (eg Mark Owen).

:blush: ok, biology lesson has finished for the day! :razz:
    I normally feel crap during my period, i feel really ugly, apart from the odd day where i feel shit i usually feel okay about myself.

Does anyone ever get out of the bath/shower and look at themselves and just feel dirty during those couple of days?
    squeal wrote: »
    Does anyone ever get out of the bath/shower and look at themselves and just feel dirty during those couple of days?

Yeah I get that about 26 days of the month :grump: I just get changed quickly and try to forget about feeling like shit. I never look at myself in the mirror.
    Yeah I get that about 26 days of the month :grump: I just get changed quickly and try to forget about feeling like shit. I never look at myself in the mirror.

I've been like that quite recently because my tummy has gone a big flabby :lol: so i feel a bit ugly atm but usually it doesn't bother me, just sometimes when getting out the bath (we have mirrors all the way around it so you can't really help but catch a glimpse) when it's that time of the month i just feel dirty.

Isn't it great to be a woman :grump:
    katchika wrote: »

I can feel myself ovulate - but all my friends think i'm mad and that you can't possibly feel your overies.
    I think that and I always said for myself when my thighs (top of legs) touch each other I will diet and loose weight and all this but they are almost meeting and no way am I going on a diet, I love my food too much haha. Gotta laugh about it or would be continually depressed! Also with so much shit going on it gets you down a bit and I think that changes the way you actually feel about yourself too.
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I can feel myself ovulate - but all my friends think i'm mad and that you can't possibly feel your overies.

what does it feel like?