Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Disillusioned with life

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm completely fed up, I hate my job, I hate where I am and I'm getting to the stage where I don't see the point of anything. I've cut down on my alcohol intake as it was making me very spiteful and bitter. I feel like a black sheep, I can't switch off and I feel I need something in my life yet I have no idea what. I find myself getting upset by the most miniscule thing. I dunno, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Take one thing at a time. If you hate your job then change it. Unless its a very high paid job which you would find difficult to give up, otherwise get a new job, work in a bar, shop anything which will give you a little bit of happiness. You might have to accept a pay cut, but money doesn't bring you happiness.

Take a chance and meet some new people, join some clubs, take something up at college or uni, (part-time or evening course) anything to keep you busy and meeting new people.

If your feeling depressed then perhaps speak with your GP. He maybe able to help with medication or advice but you can help yourself by looking for a job which will give you some happiness.

Good luck :thumb:
    I should've added in that I had a diffcult break up with my ex girlfriend, even though it's been nearly a year. I've lost my appetite too plus I've had difficulty sleeping. I think too much about things I think plus when I feel that things might be starting to improve it never works out for me.
    You maybe need to start going out and enjoying yourself. Maybe go out for a night out with mates or something, just let you hair down and have a bit of fun. I used to think too much also, but it was because I let myself have the time to think. Keep yourself busy, take up a sport or new hobbie. But things will only improve if you go out and make things improve, sitting back waiting only leads to disappointment (trust me).
    That's true, cheers for your advice.