Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend/other

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Theyve just got to be physically attractive to me, but that doesnt mean any specific thing. It just means I have to look at them and think phwoarr. All my partners have all looked very different.

Personality, we just have to connect - understand each other and accept each other, have similar sense of humour and of whats right and wrong.

:yes: pretty much.

I find it difficult to pin-point exact qualities that I go for, as I usually go for the combination of those qualities that make that particular person. If that makes sense :chin:
    generally prefer smaller girls.. longer hair is a preference but doesn't matter too much, nor do i have any real preference for colour of eyes and whatnot

half decent body, and decent looking

personality wise i wouldn't go out with anyone who was a boring cunt, or anyone who is stuck up.. i like to be around people who can have a bit of craic and not take absolutely everything seriously

must have some sense, couldn't picture myself having a relationship with a daft girl, it would irritate me

most importantly i need my time with my mates and time for partying .. and must understand that its fine to party for days on end without sleep :)

.. which leads on to the final point, no stupid anti drug cunts who preach while not knowing their arse from their elbow - and i couldn't stick being with a 'goody goody' girl who just has to do what the law says (or more importantly insist that i do!)
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Agreed, they can all go to hell IMO.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with trying to be part of a scene or stereotype, but I tend to like girly girly pink girls who I can sit and watch The X Factor with over a nice Chinese, then go to the pub with later. No weird goth-ness or anything like that thanks (although some goth girls especially are fit, you're half expecting them to be into blood sucking or strangulation, y'know?)
    someone i can talk to without fear
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with trying to be part of a scene or stereotype, but I tend to like girly girly pink girls who I can sit and watch The X Factor with over a nice Chinese, then go to the pub with later. No weird goth-ness or anything like that thanks (although some goth girls especially are fit, you're half expecting them to be into blood sucking or strangulation, y'know?)

Well yeah, I mean each to their own, but they're not for me.

Some goth and chavvy girls can actually be really fit, it's just a shame they ruin it with their fucked up fashion senses.
    Couple more things: I can't stand girls who think that everything is about them. Whether she loves herself or hates herself, it doesn't really matter. And I love someone who's optimistic, excitable and giggly.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Well yeah, I mean each to their own, but they're not for me.

Some goth and chavvy girls can actually be really fit, it's just a shame they ruin it with their fucked up fashion senses.

That was kinda what I was saying when I said someone where you can't guess their taste in everything after about half an hour of talking to them. I guess I mean people who try too hard to fit in with something.
    z- wrote: »

most importantly i need my time with my mates and time for partying .. and must understand that its fine to party for days on end without sleep :)

.. which leads on to the final point, no stupid anti drug cunts who preach while not knowing their arse from their elbow - and i couldn't stick being with a 'goody goody' girl who just has to do what the law says (or more importantly insist that i do!)

Yep, those two also apply for me.
    Although it would be great if my girlfriend could party with me sometimes.
    Physically:
    Thick Dark hair. Theres something about hair that really does it for me!
    Average build/bit muscly/strong. I like a man who I know can look after me and also pick me up and have his way with me :naughty:
    Between 5'9"ish and 6'1"ish
    Nice eyes and smile
    Good fashion sense.

Personality:
    Affectionate. I love attention and kisses and strokes and cuddles and sex and any other touchy feely stuff. :love:
    Caring and thoughtful. I like it when a man can be open about his feelings and thinks about me.
    Ambition. I want him to have a good career or at least be on the path to it.
    Cheeky, up for a laugh and spontaneous. Because I am those things too ;)
    Confidence
    Trustworthy
    lipsy wrote: »
    Physically:
    Thick Dark hair. Theres something about hair that really does it for me!
    Average build/bit muscly/strong. I like a man who I know can look after me and also pick me up and have his way with me :naughty:
    Between 5'9"ish and 6'1"ish
    Nice eyes and smile
    Good fashion sense.

Personality:
    Affectionate. I love attention and kisses and strokes and cuddles and sex and any other touchy feely stuff. :love:
    Caring and thoughtful. I like it when a man can be open about his feelings and thinks about me.
    Ambition. I want him to have a good career or at least be on the path to it.
    Cheeky, up for a laugh and spontaneous. Because I am those things too ;)
    Confidence
    Trustworthy

not after a gigantic cock then?
    i love the fact that we can pick and choose
    For me, looks would vary.

Personality:
    Kind
    Caring
    Trustworthy
    Funny
    Bullseye wrote: »
    not after a gigantic cock then?

I knew there was something I'd missed off the list :razz:
    A pulse and a working brain. Anything else is a bonus.
    There is only one thing I'd change about my current boyfriend and that's the fact that sometimes I feel his pisstaking goes a bit far, and it can be upsetting. But he's my type for definate..

Physical:
    - tall
    - brown hair
    - gorgeous eyes
    - slim but muscular
    - easy smile

Personality:
    - makes me laugh
    - caring, sensitive when it matters
    - affectionate
    - not a party animal (neither am I)
    - ambitious
    - not clingy, although I don't mind a little hint of jealousy now and again

I may possibly remove a few of his brain cells though, he's cleverer than me so always twists my words (in a mock argument way) to win and if that doesn't work he's too strong and just tickles me. Not fair. :grump:
    1983 wrote: »
    I want someone who's trustworthy, appropriately sensitive and soppy, extremely easy on the eye, who has a nice length of hair I can play with, won't go down without a fight in a slanging match, one who enjoys play fighting, going on random adventures, has goals, doesn't believe in sexual politics, appreciates time apart, is well travelled therefore has good chat (I stole this from Briggi), is a few years older than me (preferably), gets on with all my mates, likes to get muntered at the weekends but also won't mind me curling up with a duvet on their couch to watch naff films if I can't be arsed going out, and someone who's a fantastic lay as well, has pals I get on with too and don't feel as though I'm invading 'their' territory if I come on the scene, someone who can cook or attempts to, someone who's incredibly spontaenous (never know how that's spelt), someone who's also quite generous and has a standard of socially acceptable good manners.

Becky you nailed it! :thumb:

I'd say that pretty well describes my lad. Add well-read, multi-lingual, opinionated, thoughtful, articulate and a demon in the sack to that list and the job's a good'un :razz:
    briggi wrote: »
    Becky you nailed it! :thumb:

I'd say that pretty well describes my lad. Add well-read, multi-lingual, opinionated, thoughtful, articulate and a demon in the sack to that list and the job's a good'un :razz:

So Briggi, what your saying, is i am your perfect man with the only thing im lacking is being multi-lingual, never ever had an aptitude for languages, but all the rest i can manage! ;)
    physically:
    I love dark hair although i dont mind any colour hair.
    Blue/ brown eyes
    Tanned
    Fit body with nice muscles
    Im not really fussed about anything else lol

personality:
    Caring
    trustworthy
    Able to make me laugh
    Kind
    Considerate
    and should show interest in me and my life
    Physically - someone I'm attracted to, which is reasonably broad

Personality - someone who makes me happier when I'm with them than when I'm not, what else do you need?
    Pulse?
    The eyes, it's all in the eyes....
    Physcially
    Blonde/Brunette sassy hair!
    Blue/Brown Eyes
    Nice lips
    Nice curvy bum!
    Confident Smile
    Height wise, smaller than me.