Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Style Change / Holiday advice etc...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Two parts to this really...

Firstly, while what i wear at the moment is fine, and i know what looks good, when changing styles i'm a little clueless with what will match up well.

So since i'm off on holiday shortly to warmer climates, I imagine i'll be spending most of my time in shorts, got a few pairs of your boring shorts to frolic about in, intend on getting some knee length combat efforts i've seen too, but what do you team it up with? I've just realised that all my t-shirts are really aimed at being worn with jeans when out...

Any suggestions? I'm a blank canvas for your opinions if you will.

Secondly at the moment i play it rather safe when going out a pair of well fitting jeans teamed up with either a decent shirt, or an decent t-shirt depending where i'm off to.

But i'm getting a little bored of getting the same sort of things all the while, so looking for some suggestions of what sort of looks are easy to achieve and look good atm :thumb: Nothing too extreme, I've not got time to be popping to boots to keep buying baskets of make up to keep that goth look going. And i can't really afford to discard my wardrobe and replace it all at once, so a few t's that team up with something smart and well fitting that will give it an edge to start with till i look in to replacing the rest would be good.

Oh and finally is it ever possible to not look a complete knob in "flip flops"? seen a few "nice" pairs, saw some really good firetrap ones the other day, but didn't get them mainly because when i briefly tried them on in the shop I looked a cock what with having socks on (which i realise is a NO. when wearing them) but wasn't keen on taking my socks off to try footware on in a shop!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    flip flops + 3/4 combats + a plain tshirt = yummy!
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    intend on getting some knee length combat efforts i've seen too, but what do you team it up with?
    Surely just a normal plain tshirt? or a vest top if you're a bit muscley :yum:
    Secondly at the moment i play it rather safe when going out a pair of well fitting jeans teamed up with either a decent shirt, or an decent t-shirt depending where i'm off to.But i'm getting a little bored of getting the same sort of things all the while, so looking for some suggestions of what sort of looks are easy to achieve and look good atm
    When you say.. "well fitting jeans" what exactly do you mean? :eek2: I have no idea how old you are but jeans that always look nice are ones like Diesel where you let them hang a bit low (but not so we can see your undies) with a belt. I think a nice leather belt can really set off an outfit on a man. Slim fitting jeans are very now (not skin tight!) and look very smart with a stylish pair of boots/shoes.

You can never go wrong with a black shirt ;) and you could put a tshirt underneath it if you prefer. I prefer plain tshirts on guys too. I can't remember if guys are still wearing cardis but I thought they looked nice too. Try and keep your tops nicely fitted rather than baggy and just hanging there.
    Oh and finally is it ever possible to not look a complete knob in "flip flops"? seen a few "nice" pairs, saw some really good firetrap ones the other day, but didn't get them mainly because when i briefly tried them on in the shop I looked a cock what with having socks on (which i realise is a NO. when wearing them) but wasn't keen on taking my socks off to try footware on in a shop

I think men in birkenstocks (sp?) look nice. And why won't you take your socks off in a shoe shop? Everyone else does! Unless you have crusty feet :p

Just pay attention to what other guys are wearing and it should give you some inspiration :)
    Littleali wrote: »
    flip flops + 3/4 combats + a plain tshirt = yummy!

A nice plain v-neck, or plain polo?
    Then what sort of flip flops, the cheap ones with the thing that goes between your big toe are everywhere, but then theres some smart sandle style ones at around £25...

Oh and i need some sunglasses, i see loads i like, but i look a complete halfwit when trying them on, they either look stupid, or i have that pathetic look like i'm trying really hard to be "cool" :cool: <-- like that, fool!
    lipsy wrote: »
    And why won't you take your socks off in a shoe shop? Everyone else does!

eugh! i hope they dont :no:
    A nice plain v-neck, or plain polo?
    Then what sort of flip flops, the cheap ones with the thing that goes between your big toe are everywhere, but then theres some smart sandle style ones at around £25...

either! plain or polo look nice! or round neck!

i like the strap style ones, as lipsy said, birkenstock styles look good
    Littleali wrote: »
    eugh! i hope they dont :no:

Of course they do!
    Of course they do!

sick!
    i'm never tryin shoes on again haha
    Surely just a normal plain tshirt? or a vest top if you're a bit muscley :yum:

When you say.. "well fitting jeans" what exactly do you mean? :eek2: I have no idea how old you are but jeans that always look nice are ones like Diesel where you let them hang a bit low (but not so we can see your undies) with a belt. I think a nice leather belt can really set off an outfit on a man. Slim fitting jeans are very now (not skin tight!) and look very smart with a stylish pair of boots/shoes.

Yeah i suppose "well fitting jeans" made me sound like a 50 year old shopping in M&S, I'm 23 btw and i suppose i mean http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=38982&parent_category_rn=38981&productId=340227&langId=-1 that sort of thing,

As for vest tops, i'll give that a miss, im *reasonably* toned, could certainly improve it, but thats not the reason, more i just think people look cocks in vests! Play it safe with a plain t-shirt though :thumb:
    I think men in birkenstocks (sp?) look nice. And why won't you take your socks off in a shoe shop? Everyone else does! Unless you have crusty feet :p

And i just didn't think it was something that you did, dont want to be putting my bare feet where everyone else has had their corn ridden sweaty bare feet!
    And i just didn't think it was something that you did, dont want to be putting my bare feet where everyone else has had their corn ridden sweaty bare feet!

thats what i thought lol
    Shoe shops used to provide stockings but they don't anymore. Its not something I even thought about coz my feet are nice! lol
    Shoe shops used to provide stockings but they don't anymore. Its not something I even thought about coz my feet are nice! lol

doesnt mean the person before had nice feet though lol

I don't know... all this loose behaviour, i wonder how long it'll be before you come down with a FTI :yuck: