Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lost

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    film_buff wrote: »
    He does appear, just after Ben gets thrown into the wall and as the camera turns there is a man sat/stood at the chair
    Wow, I'll have to check this! I didn't notice it.

EDIT: Right, I saw him! I wonder if he's the same guy that Ben met when he was a kid.
    Also, most of the "hostiles" apparently believe that Ben was born there. However, the one that told Locke about Sawyer must know that this isn't true, since he was there when Ben betrayed the Dharma.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wasn't the guy who Ben met as a kid the same guy who told Locke he was special and gave him the folder on Sawyer.

if so there are age differences needed to be explained!
  • Options
    Yeah, I thought it was Richard as well - I think we can assume the real others either live a very long time or are effectively imortal
  • Options
    O_o wrote: »
    Wasn't the guy who Ben met as a kid the same guy who told Locke he was special and gave him the folder on Sawyer.

if so there are age differences needed to be explained!
    Was he? I guess he might have been, I just saw that his hair was different. I don't recognize people easily when they change their hair etc.
  • Options
    So they actually got rescued, Jack turned into a mess, and now has to go back?

Anyone?
  • Options
    i actually thought it was a good episode.

loads of swerves throughout the episode, and the mindfuck at the end.
  • Options
    uhh...what the hell just happened?
  • Options
    So I suppose when Jack said "up there" referring to his father, he meant Heaven or something?

Also, who do you think was in that coffin? He'd have to be from the island.

And I wonder if the rest of the series will be Jack trying to find a way back there, where Locke and the hostiles are still with Rousseau and Alex, and the rest of the cast will not appear again...
    But then, who knows? Maybe there's something more happening between the episode and the "flashforward". Perhaps Ben was telling the truth that the people on the boat were evil.
  • Options
    i think that it's either Ben or Locke in the coffin.

and the reason Jack is so distraught is because he's realised he'll find it harder to get back to the island now.
  • Options
    Whoever is from New York is in the coffin.

It is possible that the flash forwards haven't actually happened, and Jack can change all that in the next series.
  • Options
    I was thinking more that there's no evidence that anyone other than jack, Kate and one other got off the island - so who knows maybe we'll see the final series being their return to rescue everyone else. Especially thinking of the 'can't live a lie' statement.

I think there's absolutely no doubt that the people on the boat aren't good guys - especially given the lie about Penny and Desmond
  • Options
    Judging by the stlye of the show, it seems more likely that the events in the 'flashforward' are no different from the flashbacks; the island is present day, the flashes are not. I'm pretty sure when the new season starts, it will be back where we left off, with the survivors of the flight waiting to be 'rescued' from the offshore ship. I think it's safe to assume that rescue isn't what the guys on the boat have in mind, though.

As for the "can't live a lie" statement; that and other things (such as when Jack phoned Kate, and said something along the lines of "I know you said you didn't want to hear from me/see me again") suggest that something bad happened. Something that maybe Jack was responsible for, and that Kate blames him for. The living the lie part is likely to simply mean that, when they got back to civilisation, they chose not to tell anyone what happened for whatever reason... possibly in the same way Ben was sure Michael wouldn't tell anyone about the island, because he'd have to tell people what he done to get his son back.

I highly doubt the new season will be Jack running round with maps and flying all over the world every Friday night in the hope the plane crashed again...
  • Options
    I highly doubt the new season will be Jack running round with maps and flying all over the world every Friday night in the hope the plane crashed again...
    lol

By the way I meant that the events in the flash forward might be included in the sixth and final season, I don't have any doubt at all that the next season or two will start from the present day on the island.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    lol

By the way I meant that the events in the flash forward might be included in the sixth and final season

I know, I just can't let any opportunity to be sarcastic pass me by :razz:
  • Options
    I was thinking about something else.

When Jack is in the hospital he asks the leading surgeon to go and get his father and he says he will be more drunk than him. He also writes a perscription in his fathers name.

But if this is the future then his father should be dead?

Is it possible that the supposed 'flash forwards' are 'still flashbacks'.

A long shot I know!
  • Options
    Nash wrote: »
    I was thinking about something else.

When Jack is in the hospital he asks the leading surgeon to go and get his father and he says he will be more drunk than him. He also writes a perscription in his fathers name.

Is it possible that the supposed 'flash forwards' are 'still flashbacks'.

A long shot I know!

That's a very, very good point. I never clocked on to that at all.
  • Options
    Nah he had the same plaster in most of the flashforwards,

I suspect he might be so high on whatever that he still thinks his father is alive
  • Options
    I mentioned this in my post, I think he said "Go up there and get my father". He could be sarcastic, referring to wherever dead people go. As for the prescription, he was probably lying to get more pills. You saw how mad he was when she said she'd call his father.
  • Options
    Nash wrote: »

You're forgetting the most obvious explanation; Jack's lost it.
    I mentioned this in my post, I think he said "Go up there and get my father". He could be sarcastic, referring to wherever dead people go.

Imo, I think it's likely to just be a reference to the fact his dad opperated drunk alot. Sounds better than "My dad used to come to work drunk, you know".
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Imo, I think it's likely to just be a reference to the fact his dad opperated drunk alot. Sounds better than "My dad used to come to work drunk, you know".
    Um, "Yeah, that's what I meant"?
  • Options
    Um, "Yeah, that's what I meant"?

Yeah, I was doing it minus the heaven reference :razz:
  • Options
    Whomever was in the coffin has a first name beginning with JO......according to the obituary that Jack is reading on the plane

Los Angeles
    Man found dead in
    downtown loft

"The body of Jo...[unreadable]...[a]ntham of
    New York was discovered shortly after 4
    a.m. in the...[unreadable]...of Grand
    Avenue. Ted [lastname], [a door]man at The
    Tower...[unreadable]...heard loud
    noises...[unreadable]...antham's loft.
    [unreadable]... [sa]fety, he co[nfessed]
    [unreadable]...discovered the
    [unreadable]...a beam in the
    [unreadable]...[ac]cordin[g]...[unreadable]..."
  • Options
    http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=36846
    The term "Lost" refers to "Paradise Lost" from the Garden of Eden. The survivors were not lost on the island, but lost when they returned from the island and could not get back.

John Locke: Was an English Philosopher and Enlightenment thinker. John Locke influenced Jean-Jacque Rousseau.

In the Book of Genesis, the son's of Jacob are Benjamin and Joseph.

The "serpent" is the black smoke who can change form to "tempt" people like Mr. Eko who saw the black smoke as his dead brother.
    Benjamin threw his brother Joseph into a pit when Joseph was becoming the favorite son. He sold him into slavery and when Joseph returned home, his father Jacob would not let him look at him or "see" him. This is why John fell into the pit when he was shot and why John could not see Jacob when he went with Ben to the cabin.

When Walt appeared to John, he was representing Moses who told Joseph he had to get up to fight the oppressors, after Joseph was dead in the Bible.

I am sure, John Locke's name is really Joseph Lantham, as in the obituary from Jack's Flash Forward.

Jack's father's name is Christian Shepard?.

Could the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 be Bible verses? Could the entire show of Lost be a modern story of the Book of Genesis? Can someone look up those numbers in the Book of Genesis?

Re-telling of The Book of Genesis?