Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

bank transfers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If one person transfers money into your account, by you giving them your account number, is that money accessible immediately? Or do you have a to wait a few days for it to go through, like cheques?

Comments

• Options
    If one person transfers money into your account, by you giving them your account number, is that money accessible immediately? Or do you have a to wait a few days for it to go through, like cheques?

Depends if its coming from and going into accounts by the same bank it might be instant. Otherwise I would expect having to wait a day or two.
  • Options
    if its a different bank you'd normally have to wait 3 days
  • Options
    3 working days if it's a different bank, between instantly-1 day if it#'s the same bank, depending how often the accounts have been used to transfer funds previously.
  • Options
    3 working days if its a different bank. Same day-one working day if its the same bank. My online transfers to my parents (we have the same bank) are pretty much instant.