Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

E's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What would your tips be for first time users?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jelly tots wrote: »
    What would your tips be for first time users?

only take half a pill, be with freinds you can trust, dont drink much alcohol at the same time...
    not that I'm talking from experience, but I think those are the common ones :)
    Take them with someone you know who's also taking them, relax, try not to freak out cos that'll spoil it. Try taking half a one and see how that affects you, if your buzzing really good off that then leave it, if it's alrite of a buzz then drop the other half. Wouldn't really advise more than one your first time. Don't drink too much water but try to top up a bit, your body will tell you how much water you need, just take sips now and again.

Most important tip: HAVE FUN! :thumb:
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Take them with someone you know who's also taking them, relax, try not to freak out cos that'll spoil it. Try taking half a one and see how that affects you, if your buzzing really good off that then leave it, if it's alrite of a buzz then drop the other half. Wouldn't really advise more than one your first time. Don't drink too much water but try to top up a bit, your body will tell you how much water you need, just take sips now and again.

Most important tip: HAVE FUN! :thumb:

Sounds like good advice. Thanks
    i disagree, i wouldnt bother taking half's, id start off with one and then take another

varies from person to person and pill to pill tho

*waits for the harm reduction crew to jump him*
    z- wrote: »
    i disagree, i wouldnt bother taking half's, id start off with one and then take another

Depends on the person, some people can take loads and others get fucked on one. It's better I think to know your limits at the start and go from there.
    yup.. but id be surprised if half an e did anything to the majority of people
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Yeah but you could say that you would be surprised that a glass of wine did anything to the majority of people, but a significant amount of people would feel affected, so personally I think you are making a big assumption there.
    welll personally i dont care

i wouldnt reccommend drinkin alcohol with any drug!

the one thing u really need to remember is drink water...

BUTdont drink too much, and dont drink too little of it! and try and be with people u trust, close friends etc. Taking any type of drug with someone u have only just met or dont know is not a very good idea, espescially if it is ur 1st time and the person u r with at the time of takin decides to make u all paranoid for some reason!

being paranoid on any drug is a bad place to be lol!!;)

Yeah I wouldn't bother taking half an E because you don't really get the real experience. If you're gonna take the risk in the first place then you might aswell do the whole pill in my opinion, and I don't see how one half more would be much more dangerous.

All the other safety tips people have said are true though, only do the 1, be with friends, make sure you're in the right mood and in a place that you feel safe in e.t.c. :thumb:
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    But again you are making an assumption that everyone will react the same way to the same amount of the same substance, and they don't. It isn't about being less dangerous, its about reducing harm.

And z-, not caring is entirely your choice, but your opinion goes on public record and if it needs challenging then its the mods role to do do that, so I did. Nothing personal.
    I agree with taking a half first, and then wait 45-60 mins before taking another half. The effects can take up to an hour to come on, so don't get impatient... believe me you'll know when it happens! Although there's only a small chance of a bad reaction to a first pill, it's still a risk, so why not minimise it by taking half first.

Your main concerns are heat and water. You'll feel energetic but your body will find it more difficult to regulate its temperature, so take regular breaks to cool off and rest. Especially if you find yourself sweating a lot. Sip water when you feel thirsty.

Finally, try and be around experienced people who you know and trust. If so then you should have a good time!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    You don't really need to go drink water or cool off unless your dancing and sweating.
    Weekender Offender 
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Yeah I wouldn't bother taking half an E because you don't really get the real experience. If you're gonna take the risk in the first place then you might aswell do the whole pill in my opinion, and I don't see how one half more would be much more dangerous.

Well what if you're a petite female like me? My first half completley blew me away! I was so high for hours! I think a whole on my first time would have been too much.
    lipsy wrote: »
    Well what if you're a petite female like me? My first half completley blew me away!

Same here, and i DEFINITELY aint petite :p

ETA Or female i might add :D
    lip balm

fags

good music preferably drum and bass

people around you you can trust

comfy clothing

water

some weed

i did a half on my first time then dropped about two and half more later on that nite and it was one of the best nights i think ive ever had

i would recommend a half to start with then keep going if you want to (believe me, you will)
    Well what if you're a petite female like me? My first half completley blew me away! I was so high for hours! I think a whole on my first time would have been too much.

Think i'll be taking half to start after readin this!!!
    Thats sensible; at the end of the day you are doing this for one reason, do enjoy it (i assume). So be as careful as possible; this might be a silly thing that only the (ahem) 'harm reduction crew' tend to say, but pill testing kits are available if you wanted to be careful about your usage.

They won't guarantee 100% safety BUT they can give you a general idea whether its MDMA or something a little more sinister.
    ...this might be a silly thing that only the (ahem) 'harm reduction crew' tend to say....

:razz:

as for pill testing kits.. i think they're a great idea but in reality next to noone is going to bother their arse with them

... and would take away half the buzz knowing that your pill is shit before you even bang it!
    :razz:

as for pill testing kits.. i think they're a great idea but in reality next to noone is going to bother their arse with them

... and would take away half the buzz knowing that your pill is shit before you even bang it!

Exactly, who the fuck is gonna go on a night out, get yokes and suddenly say "hey guys, gotta leave for a while so I can go test my pills." Haha you'd be a right fucking weirdo, half the buzz is not knowing what's gonna happen to you.
    Skive wrote: »
    You don't really need to go drink water or cool off unless your dancing and sweating.

taking E in a club, you're going to want to be dancing and sweating.
    listen to your body, it'll tell you how much you need to drink. tho' tbh i'd say you'd be okay with 1 on your first time, but if you want to be extra careful thats upto you.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Exactly, who the fuck is gonna go on a night out, get yokes and suddenly say "hey guys, gotta leave for a while so I can go test my pills." Haha you'd be a right fucking weirdo, half the buzz is not knowing what's gonna happen to you.
    :lol: exactly.
    Yerascrote wrote: »

I totally disagree. I like to know my pills are gona get me high. I've had a bad experience where a pill has made me and my friends sick and it ruins your night. How that is any kind of buzz I don't know. I don't have a testing kit although I do sometimes think about getting one. I have used one before though and it was good to know that they were gona be good pills. I guess if you buy your pills in clubs then testing anything is impractical but if you regulary buy from a dealer at home then its not such a bad idea.
    jelly tots wrote: »
    Think i'll be taking half to start after readin this!!!

Just take note of the time you start to come up and then see how you feel in an hour or 2. If you need to top up with another half then do so, if you're still feeling great then just leave it a bit longer. Everybody is different.
    Yeah - personally I'd ignore the gung-ho attitudes, especially if you're a little nervous. Coming up on a full one when you're first starting out can be too much for some people.
    I do think testers are great and I'd love to get one...but yeah I do agree with the others, I can't really be fucked either.
    u gotta pay for these pill tester things?
    u gotta pay for these pill tester things?

but ofcourse :)
    ...but if you regulary buy from a dealer at home then its not such a bad idea.

if i was getting them from the same dealer i'd know if they were good or not before i got them from what other people had told me
    if i was getting them from the same dealer i'd know if they were good or not before i got them from what other people had told me

Well my dealer (not anymore) sold me shit ones once and they made me really ill and I threw up. She gave me some coke in exchange but stil, it just goes to show they can't always be trusted.
    Whats true for you isn't whats true for everyone else. You may have friends who regularly get form the same dealer as each other so you knw whats going about. But what if you don't and you're the only link to that dealer? Or what if they're a new dealer?
    AHHH...

Just eat the drugs and go from there...quince sa ra sa ra..whatever will be..will be.

:D