Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Neighbours Bin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
G'day, I'm a newbie here with a quick question - I hope its appropriate for this forum.

Our neighbours have put one of their bins in our front yard (right near the boundary but completely on our side) for no reason other than it suits them. Their big SUV is in between the bin and their house so they don't have to see it and to passers-by it looks like its actually our bin. My housemate has moved their bin a few times back into their yard but they just keep moving it back. This annoys my housemate more than it annoys me and I offered to go and speak to them. Do you think this is the best course of action or is there something else we could do? Thanks in advance. :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How fucking annoying! My new enighbours didn't seperate their garden and house waste into the right bags so the bin men left them and cats/rats attacked them and they left mess to drift onto my beautifully kept (though not by me, my proud/neighbourly neighbour does it :p) front garden. I picked up one or two bits but just kinda kicked the rest onto their garden. mwah ha ha.

Is it abig wheelie bin thing? You could knock on their door and ask if it's theirs because it's not your and the council offered to take it away if noone claimed it. Or you could spray paint your house no on it and nick it, then grin. Or take it away in the middle of the night and dump it in the skip o teach them not to leave their waste on your property. Take my advice with a pinch of salt, stil- that's fucking annoying and I would take it as a mild but personal slight.
    depends, if you really wanted to make a point you could tip the rubbish over the suv?
    chortle. good one!
    :yes: I'm loving your suggestions!
    Is it just me who has the bins only out on bin day? The rest of the time they should stay hidden. Just seems unsightly to leave them on the street!

And if it is only bin day, whats the fuss about? :p
    Hey Shyboy, its not just bin day, its been every day for about 3 weeks. And its near our house, not on the road.

We have taken your suggestions into careful consideration and have decided to nick their bin!! A friend of ours could do with another bin anyway. Thanks everyone!
    Fuck it, I'd wait until middle of the night and move it as far away as I could.
    talk about it, and remind them that they are trespassing on your property by doing it. even if the house is rented it is still your property.

if they refuse to be reasonable about it just move it ten streets away.
    Ask them to move it. If they refuse hide your bin and start using theirs. I'm sure they'll start getting pissed off when the bin men refuse to take it because it is overflowing.
    Either that or just take it on a trip and leave it somewhere else.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Is it just me who has the bins only out on bin day? The rest of the time they should stay hidden. Just seems unsightly to leave them on the street!

Our bins are left out all the time but only have rubbish/stuff for recycling out when the bin men come.
    Sofie wrote: »
    Our bins are left out all the time but only have rubbish/stuff for recycling out when the bin men come.

I suppose in some situations like a terraced street you can't really do anything about it; but I still think where possible it's best to try to hide them, they don't really make any street look pretty lol.
    Just take a big shit on their side