Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Should I drop my friends because of him?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A messy breakup with my ex which is still messy because he started denying the truth about who dumped who and the such. Listening to what he's said about me, it makes me doubt everything he has said negative about his other exes and whether or not I judged too harshly based off of what he told me about them.

Well, today was my friends' high school graduation and many of my close friends are graduating and I'm not that close with anyone younger than me or in my year. I'm not that worried about next year considering I'll be attending a university part time and I'll meet new faces.

Then there's my other group of friends who I met through my ex and I would have thought we kind of became friends. However, now that we broke up, I think we're not really friends because they won't talk to me for very long or they will become busy. Like today, I know two of my friends decided to go to a party, but they didn't want to admit it and hurt my feelings because I wasn't invited because my ex's new girlfriend would throw a fit again.

Like after next year, I really won't see them again so it doesn't matter that much. I feel bad, but it's not that big and it doesn't affect me that much. It would just be nice of they were more forward.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As shitty as it is it generally happens after breakups. Friends stay loyal to the person they met first and although they'll still talk to the other if they see them they don't go out of the way to do things with that person.

Sounds like you need to forget about that bunch and concentrate on making new friends and keeping in touch with those out of the group who are graduating that you are close with.
    Sounds like they have dumped you tbh. I don't think the choice lies in your hands.
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    Sounds like they have dumped you tbh. I don't think the choice lies in your hands.

:yes: tbh thats kinda normal esp. so if the breakup wasn't so nice.