Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Making bras bigger?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think I have anything from 10 years ago, as when I was 14 I was vaugely skinny with small boobs and nothing would fit. But I do have stuff from when I was an older teenager: hooded jumpers and jeans and a few t-shirts. I'm not going to throw them away if I like them, they fit, they don't have holes in/smell. How wasteful! But that's how I've been brought up, to look after my things properly.

If you buy things in Primark they won't be likely to last one year, never mind 10.

As for bras...I have some 4 boob bras, and I've kept them, although god knows why because I never wear them! Just get some new ones, Tesco and Asda are good for cheap basic bras.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    I don't think I have anything from 10 years ago, as when I was 14 I was vaugely skinny with small boobs and nothing would fit. But I do have stuff from when I was an older teenager: hooded jumpers and jeans and a few t-shirts. I'm not going to throw them away if I like them, they fit, they don't have holes in/smell. How wasteful! But that's how I've been brought up, to look after my things properly.

I'm not wasteful in the slightest...If i no longer want something, i give it to charity

I just think back to things i wore 10 years ago and wouldnt be seen dead in them!

I mean scary monster for example....you said you wear tracksuits from 10 years ago, mine were all adidas in mad colours or kappa poppers haha! I suppose if they were just plain black and white i'd wear them

But t-shirts and things tend to lose shape after 10 years no matter how well you look after them!

I guess i'm just a bit fashion led and things i wore 10 years ago, would look silly now!

I think it also depends on age...

each to their own though! I'm not knocking it...

x
  • Options
    Think it's a lot to do with how fashion led you are now, and to that point, you were then too.

You also assume that everything is snug fitted, most hoodies and ordinary t shirts hold their shape pretty much forever.

If you think about it giving your old stuff to charity shops means one of two things, some one else is wearing it, or is goes to fabric pulping, so either it's still being worn or it's being wasted as an item of clothing.
  • Options
    I still wear tracksuit bottoms I got about 10 years ago for bed.
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    dont think there's anything wrong with what she said :blush:

i dont know anyone who wears clothes that are 10 years old

Yes thats because most people on here are teenagers or very early 20s.
    Once youve actually been an adult for 10 years or more youll find most people have clothes theyve had that long or even longer.
  • Options
    Yes thats because most people on here are teenagers or very early 20s.
    Once youve actually been an adult for 10 years or more youll find most people have clothes theyve had that long or even longer.

i didnt say people on here....i dont know ANYONE (aunties, uncles, mum...) who wear stuff from 10yrs ago

i'm not having a pop at anyone, i'm just stating that what she said isnt THAT unusual for a lot of people, just like wearing things for 10yrs+ isnt THAT unusual for you and some other people
  • Options
    I don't think my mum owns that much stuff that's under 10 years old. She just has other things she'd rather spend her money on!

I have clothes that are getting on for 7 years old, and i'm only 22...

I think it does depend how fashion conscious you are, and also, how much weight you've gained/lost in that time. Most of the things i owned 5 years ago wouldn't fit me now.
  • Options
    Just asked my mum and she doesn't own anything older than a few months..... :heart:
  • Options
    I've got stuff from when I was 16! So nearly 6 years. Still fits as well. Decent basics that still fit and look good I will never chuck out. Most of my stuff is probably no more then two years old though.
  • Options
    Ive got stuff thats probably 12 years old. I certainly couldnt afford to buy all new stuff every few months and I wouldnt want to even if I could afford it.
  • Options
    When my old dear pops it I'm going to have a wonderful time nicking all the vintage designer gear out of her wardrobe that I've been coveting for years! Like a classic little black dress, why the fuck would you throw it our just because you bought it last season?

Anyway, bras- if you have changed shape then I guess you'll neer fit into them again, changing from girl to woman isn't the same a sa few extra burgers. You're just gonna have to buy new ones and embrace your mahasive melons with pride!