Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

mascara

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone recommend a good one?

My old Rimmel Volume Flash has gone gunky and dried up a bit so it's time to fork out for a new one, and I was thinking I might get a fairly good one this time rather than the cheap ones I usually go for. Is there a noticeable difference between the more expenisve ones, and cheaper ones?

Comments

• Options
    Bad Girl Lash Mascara by Benefit. :yes:
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Bad Girl Lash Mascara by Benefit. :yes:

Seconded :thumb:

Don't buy a MAC mascara, they're crap IMO.
  • Options
    estee lauder magnascopic <3
  • Options
    Dior's Diorshow in Black. It's absolutely stunning.
  • Options

irritates my eyes something chronic, but my mum likes that one.
  • Options
    i usually buy rimmel extra super lash, or maybelline great lash
  • Options
    it depends on what you want it to do

Diorshow - makes them very thick and doesnt add much length

Lancome - have a few and you cant really go wrong with them.
    The flexitencils makes them longer
    Hypnose gives them lengths and a little thickness
    Then theres the comb one which i cant remember what its called...and that makes them super thick (but im not sure about the lengthening capabilities)
  • Options
    Clinique is the most natural looking one. It brings out the length and curl of my lashes without them looking like I have loads of mascara on.
  • Options
    I like the Loreal one in gold tube, i think its called telescopic, its about £8 and i find its really good at separating my eyelashes cus the brush is kinda different, so it makes them look thicker and longer.

Otherwise definitely the Benefit one people have already mentioned, I've run out of that one though. They tested it on This Morning the other day and said that it makes your eyes look brighter whatever colour you wear?! not sure how true that is.
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    Diorshow - makes them very thick and doesnt add much length
    Oh, that's odd. My eyelashes keep scraping my glasses lenses because they're so much longer with that mascara on!!!
  • Options
    I like the Loreal one in gold tube, i think its called telescopic, its about £8 and i find its really good at separating my eyelashes cus the brush is kinda different, so it makes them look thicker and longer.

I didn't like that one. I bought the Lash Injection too by the same poeple who did Lip Injection and it just looks really gunky fake.
  • Options
    I use the Max Factor Masterpiece one, I have found its the best one I have ever used, even better for me than benefit, lancome and maybeline.
  • Options
    Oh, that's odd. My eyelashes keep scraping my glasses lenses because they're so much longer with that mascara on!!!
    better becareful then....you dont want the protective coating being scratched off your glasses....you may need new lenses then!
  • Options
    at the minute i'm using no7 full impact and i really like it. normally with mascara i'll never buy the same one second time around but this time i think i might. :)

eta: i think it's about £10.
  • Options
    Rimmel 100% waterproof for me. One of the few I can find that doesnt irritate my eyes.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    lipsy wrote: »
    I didn't like that one. I bought the Lash Injection too by the same poeple who did Lip Injection and it just looks really gunky fake.

did it sorta flake off when you were taking it off? Thats what I have at the mo, and its a bit odd!
  • Options
    I use the Max Factor Masterpiece one, I have found its the best one I have ever used

Completely agree.

Shame it's so bastarding expensive though ;(.
  • Options
    I used to love maybelline lash one-by-one but they don't do them anymore. It was great becacuse it had a really tiny wand and got my bottom lashes.
  • Options
    I use the Max Factor Masterpiece one, I have found its the best one I have ever used, even better for me than benefit, lancome and maybeline.

I like that one too. There was a new one brought out recently and that's even better than the original IMO.
  • Options
    I love Diorshow, but can't afford to use it on a daily basis :( Other than that I use Maybelline Sky High Curves, which is one of the few lower end mascaras I've found that doesnt make me look panda-ish.
  • Options
    I like that one too. There was a new one brought out recently and that's even better than the original IMO.

I concur....I found its the best i've ever had. Also, it comes off really easy. Doesn't stick to your bloody eyelashes like Lancome's ones always do
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    did it sorta flake off when you were taking it off? Thats what I have at the mo, and its a bit odd!

Yeh but it does say on the side of the tube that it will do that. Its ok but I wouldn't buy it again.
  • Options
    I've tried so many different mascaras over the last few years, even the high end brands and I always come back to the waterproof Maybelline Great Lash.

It's the best.
  • Options
    Maybelline one by one, it has a special brush which is small and gets every single tiny eyelash.

Or Maybelline..another one can't remember the name but the brush is like a plastic comb, it's great.
  • Options
    I LOVE the bourjois 'yes to volume, no to clumps' mascara. It's FAB.
  • Options

I think its poop haha, does NOTHING for my eyelashes! :no:

weird aint it, how different things really do work for other people
  • Options
    My current mascara tactic is to buy cheap brown waterproof mascaras and chuck them out often and buy another one. I'm sure you are meant to chuck them after 3 months or something due to the risk of eye-infections and as a contact lense wearer it seems really important hence I've not bought an expensive mascara recently.
  • Options
    I use Loreal Volume Shocking waterproof. Can't get it off without picking it though. But i dont care because it looks amazing compared to any others on my eyelashes

Love it, volume and length.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    My current mascara tactic is to buy cheap brown waterproof mascaras and chuck them out often and buy another one. I'm sure you are meant to chuck them after 3 months or something due to the risk of eye-infections and as a contact lense wearer it seems really important hence I've not bought an expensive mascara recently.

I must admit, I think its more effective to buy a cheap one and replace regularly than an expensive one that you try and eke out every bit of it, because theyre not as good after about a month anyway, not to mention a breeding ground for bacteria. Eye infections are no fun at all.