Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

THC in weed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this is like asking "how long is a piece of string" but is there an average of THC in weed you buy off the street?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    possibly, there would maybe be a max / min value. it's very dependant on strain / variety, and also possibly influenced by how it was dried out, how it's stored etc.

I dont smoke weed at all often, so I dont know whether people that do notice distict differences in what you get

googled: http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mj029.htm

"In the year 2007, the good commercial grade marijuana available to most users had a THC content of about 5% to 10% and premium sinsemilla was about 15% to 25% THC."

although quite how reliable their data is I dont know, but it may well give a good indication :)
    Between 2-22% is what I could dig out. I know it has increased hugely since the 60's
    Calvin wrote: »
    I know it has increased hugely since the 60's

No it hasnt, yes much of the leaf or herbal cannabis in the 60's was of lower quality, but some of it certainly wasnt. Plus of course they had a much wider array of resins which are by their very nature stronger.

The general street quality of 'skunk' seems to be about 10-15% THC.
    Calvin wrote: »
    I know it has increased hugely since the 60's

i thought that too. :chin:
    but to the original OP, it varies between about 5-15% depending on strain, soil, growing and cultivating conditions, etc. at the top end and you're looking at a high strength up to 25% THC.
    Lol Imagine if you got pure THC pills which you could take to get high.

They would be shit though, it would totally ruin the whole enjoyment about grinding the weed, rolling the joint and then smoking it. As I don't really smoke weed to get stoned as such anymore, I do it because I enjoy smoking it, I like the taste and it relaxes me/helps me get to sleep.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    wouldn't be as much fun
    budda wrote: »
    No it hasnt, yes much of the leaf or herbal cannabis in the 60's was of lower quality, but some of it certainly wasnt.

as far as i understood the reason for the increased potency of strains is due to crossing the stronger strains.. if these stronger strains didnt exist back then, then how could it be just as strong!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I think it is more like the stronger strains weren't readily available, particularly in the west, remember people have been using marijuana in its various incarnations for thousands of years, whole cults have built up around it, think about the Assasins...
    pill 'ed wrote: »

You can get them on script in the US, virtually everyone who uses them hates them, getting the dose right is virtually impossible.

As for stronger strains, yes now there is sensi, which wasnt seen much until recently, but we also now dont get cannabis from places like Colombia or Southern Mexico which was supposed to be of very high strength. Its swings and roundabouts, there is crap on the market now and there was crap on the market then, what do you expect from a totally uncontrolled supply?