Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

End of season thrillers..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Christ.

We need three points to secure a UEFA from Hearts, but we've now got Hearts away, Celtic away and Rangers at home last three games. I can't bear this tension, seriously. Supported Aberdeen since I was a kid, cant remember a finish like this.

Addict, MoK - any ideas how to firm up the bowels? :crazyeyes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Christ.

We need three points to secure a UEFA from Hearts, but we've now got Hearts away, Celtic away and Rangers at home last three games. I can't bear this tension, seriously. Supported Aberdeen since I was a kid, cant remember a finish like this.

That is the run-in of doom.

I hope Hearts get it, but you've got a good chance. Celtic have the league sown up now so aren't really playing for anything. Rangers is a tough one given their form under Walter Smith but at least for your sake you're at home. Obviously the Hearts game is the crunch one. Hearts are so inconsistent it's hard to call - should be a cracking game with so much on the line. Exciting times!
    You forgot the Championship as well!

It's really tense at the moment. One game to go - come on the Saints!
    Come on Stoke!!! Just QPR to beat, and score 1 more than southampton if they win and it's Playoff time! :D
    Well Cardiff City have nothing to play for except mid table obsurity...

Ah well at least us losing to Hull sent Leeds down. Cunts :thumb:

Thunderstruck: I hope Saints go up otherwise i will owe a girl two pounds :(
    Addict wrote: »
    I hope Hearts get it

:o

I think we deserve it more tbh, we've got a team full of young Scottish talent and we're doing it on half the budget of the Lithuanian State Circus. Not been in Europe for five years, we'd make a better job of it than they would and plus a Jambo friend of mine said at the start of the season that he'd wank a stray dog in his mouth if we finished above them :D

I doubt Celtic will lie down to us like they did to Hearts, so I can see it going down to the last game at home to Rangers. Be unbelievable if we did it, but if we lose that game and don't make it then I can see myself jumping off the Merkland End at full time.
    :o

I think we deserve it more tbh, we've got a team full of young Scottish talent and we're doing it on half the budget of the Lithuanian State Circus. Not been in Europe for five years, we'd make a better job of it than they would and plus a Jambo friend of mine said at the start of the season that he'd wank a stray dog in his mouth if we finished above them :D

I doubt Celtic will lie down to us like they did to Hearts, so I can see it going down to the last game at home to Rangers. Be unbelievable if we did it, but if we lose that game and don't make it then I can see myself jumping off the Merkland End at full time.

Like fuck Celtic lay down to us. D'you think they wanted us to piss on their parade by pumping them 3-1 at home?

You can tell by the last twenty minutes that they wanted it badly. They just the usual would happen, that they'd sneak a last few goals. Pressley was playing as a fucking striker FFS! Him and Hartley wanted it more than anyone.

Hearts have had a fucking terrible season, Aberdeen are having one of their best and we're still only 4 points behind. Says it all, really. We''ll shag you like the proverbial sheep you are, and then you'll get pumped from Rangers and Celtic. It's what happens with Aberdeen.

I can the sound of bottles crashing already coming from Teuchter-ville.

Support Arsenal?

;)

Seriously, I will be spending the next few weeks in a blind panic. Milan get through, United get through but Schols and Ronaldo pick up their third yellow. We lose at City and Chelsea and lose the title, we win at City and Arsenal beat or draw with Chelsea, we win the Cup Final, we lose the cup final, we lose to Chelsea in the Champions league, or worse lose to Liverpool, we beat Chelsea in the Champions League or better still beat Liverpool.

Som many different possibilities and I could either end on the highest high or lowest low - having said that compared to last couple of seasons this one should be seen as a good one even if we win buggerall...

Now, does anyone have a cork I can use?
    Now, does anyone have a cork I can use?

Me too, my stomach is chruning like fuck and there's still three hours to go.

We either need to beat the Huns today, or hope Kilmarnock fuck over Hearts and we'll be in Europe for the first time in five years. I can't bear this, cause the Nazis were already on holiday for their last game but I can see them being up for this and really wanting to fuck us over. Hearts have been playing really well lately and will probably win their game.

We should've beaten Celtic last week and it should've been wrapped up. Beating the Huns and knocking their cousins out of Europe is the stuff dreams are made of, but getting beat and letting those minks in isn't worth thinking about.

Couldn't afford tickets :grump: so it's the pub this afternoon.
    Me too, my stomach is chruning like fuck and there's still three hours to go.

We either need to beat the Huns today, or hope Kilmarnock fuck over Hearts and we'll be in Europe for the first time in five years. I can't bear this, cause the Nazis were already on holiday for their last game but I can see them being up for this and really wanting to fuck us over. Hearts have been playing really well lately and will probably win their game.

We should've beaten Celtic last week and it should've been wrapped up. Beating the Huns and knocking their cousins out of Europe is the stuff dreams are made of, but getting beat and letting those minks in isn't worth thinking about.

Couldn't afford tickets :grump: so it's the pub this afternoon.

You do know Setanta have chosen to show The Big Game, eh?
    You do know Setanta have chosen to show The Big Game, eh?

what time?
    Addict wrote: »
    what time?

Kickoff is at 2 mate.

C'mon, sing it with me!

WE'VE BEEN TO ABERDEEN
    WE HATE THE HIBS
    THEY MAKE US SPEW UP
    SO MAKE SOME NOISE!
    YOU GORGIE BOYS
    WE'RE GOING TAE EUROPE!
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Kickoff is at 2 mate.

C'mon, sing it with me!

WE'VE BEEN TO ABERDEEN
    WE HATE THE HIBS
    THEY MAKE US SPEW UP
    SO MAKE SOME NOISE!
    YOU GORGIE BOYS
    WE'RE GOING TAE EUROPE!

No yer not :p

We're off to Europe, Bri :yippe:

I'm not gonna talk pish about other teams lying down to cover my own teams shortcomings (ala Bri above...)

We shoulda had it wrapped up weeks ago, no one to blame but ourselves. If we'd beaten the Diddy teams at home all season (St. Midden, Flakirk, Aberdeen...) it wouldn't have come down to today.

BTW Bri, gonna vilify the Scottish divers, or is it just Lithuanians?

We're the Dons, from Aberdeen,
    and we're the finest, that's ever been,
    and we're gonna do it for you,
    and we're gonna do it for you,
    McLeish and Miller, and Strachan too,
    will take us forward, and take us through,
    cos we're gonna do it,
    we're gonna do it,
    we're gonna do it for you.
    CHORUS:- We're taking our team into Europe,
    Yes we are oh yes we are,
    all the way, every night and day,
    singing the european song.
    Oh all the way, every night and day,
    singing the european song.
    We can sing, and we can play
    cos Alex Ferguson, he knows the way,
    and we're gonna do it,
    we're gonna do it
    we're gonna do it for you
    (Repeat Chorus)
    I'm not gonna talk pish about other teams lying down to cover my own teams shortcomings (ala Bri above...)

We shoulda had it wrapped up weeks ago, no one to blame but ourselves. If we'd beaten the Diddy teams at home all season (St. Midden, Flakirk, Aberdeen...) it wouldn't have come down to today.

BTW Bri, gonna vilify the Scottish divers, or is it just Lithuanians?

Get it right up ya, bet you didn't see this coming 12 months ago when you beat us and were dancing about playing the Champions League music at the end.

I could list a million games this season where we could and should have taken points that we lost, but so could every team in the world. The likes of today where you just didn't turn up, we'd have ground out a win. That's the difference. Young team full of Scottish talent (including a couple of ex Jambos lest we forget), we've been in third since January, beaten you home and away in the process, so it'd have been a travesty if we hadn't made it. But we did - so time to hold your hands up and congratulate the victors.

As for today, that wee shite Naismith dived right enough (why this shite was on Setanta I don't know), but it was about as relevant to the battle for third as the wax I just picked out of my ear. You could have won 3474-0 and played scintillating football, but you didn't and you were absolutely honking.

That Severin goal was an absolute belter, (similar to the one that beat Hibs) everybody played well and we apparently outplayed those scumbags all over the pitch.

BTW as for Celtic lying down - I take that back. They're just playing shite, we should have scored 4 last week and wrapped it up then.
    It's always a great achievement when Aberdeen finish within 20 points of the hoops. (Just about mind you) :D
    Get it right up ya, bet you didn't see this coming 12 months ago when you beat us and were dancing about playing the Champions League music at the end.

You make it seem like I'm bitter or that I'm denying you your moment in glory - I'm not. :) As I said, we have no one to blame but ourselves.
    I could list a million games this season where we could and should have taken points that we lost, but so could every team in the world. The likes of today where you just didn't turn up, we'd have ground out a win. That's the difference. Young team full of Scottish talent (including a couple of ex Jambos lest we forget), we've been in third since January, beaten you home and away in the process, so it'd have been a travesty if we hadn't made it. But we did - so time to hold your hands up and congratulate the victors.

The difference is though Bri, this has been an absolutely shocking season for us. It's been terrible. We got pumped 4 nil at home by Dundee Utd FFS! Yet, it's been a great season for Aberdeen. And despite how good a season you'se had and how shit a season we've had, we were still only 4 points behind you at the end. And young Scottish talent? You mean like Wallace, Berra, Elliot, Mole, Gordon and Driver? (OK, I know Driver is English, but still...)
    As for today, that wee shite Naismith dived right enough (why this shite was on Setanta I don't know), but it was about as relevant to the battle for third as the wax I just picked out of my ear. You could have won 3474-0 and played scintillating football, but you didn't and you were absolutely honking.

I didn't mention it's relevance, I just wanted to know if you hold Naismith in the same regard as you do all our Lith players. I'm not denying we were pish, 'cause it's plain to see we were. But tell me this Bri, who really has the potential to challenge The Old Firm next season? If you take out all of Vlad's shite and let the coaches do their job (as has been happening lately) we can put up a good fight. We proved last season that we can. And don't even mention Pressley and Hartley leaving. 1.6Mil for Hartley is the best bit of business I've ever seen. He's been utter gash for the Tims.

All we need is a few quality signings in the summer. If we can hold on to Kingston (I'm hearing whisperings that it's virtually a done deal) and get in a few more folk like him. A few decent wingers and and a striker or two, and clear all the deadwood, we'll be up with Celtic next season, and you can bring this post up the future if you want if it all goes tits up. Gordon is apparently even gonna be sitting down with Vlad in the near future and discussing staying at the club for another year. That's fucking great news!

On the other hand, are you confident you'll be able to hang on to your best players? Anderson and Hart for example?
    The difference is though Bri, this has been an absolutely shocking season for us. It's been terrible. We got pumped 4 nil at home by Dundee Utd FFS! Yet, it's been a great season for Aberdeen. And despite how good a season you'se had and how shit a season we've had, we were still only 4 points behind you at the end. And young Scottish talent? You mean like Wallace, Berra, Elliot, Mole, Gordon and Driver? (OK, I know Driver is English, but still...)?

It depends what you call a terrible season. The amount of dressing room unrest was bound to have had an effect, you've lost two of your best players and Gordon is probably gonna leave too. Any team is going to struggle when shit like that goes down, but credit to you, you've come back strongly since the United defeat and starting to regroup.

While this season has been an undoubted success, it shows how far we've fallen in recent years where we're celebrating a UEFA spot like we've just won the league. Thing you have to remember though is, we've done it on the most penny pinching budget you'll find, a fraction of yours and with nowhere near the same squad size (and let's face it, attendances have been shocking compared to yours). It doesn't mean we're not a big club just because we're now living within our means though, a top 4 finish and a cup run (not had even a semi since 2000) is the minimum we should be expecting now.
    who really has the potential to challenge The Old Firm next season? If you take out all of Vlad's shite and let the coaches do their job (as has been happening lately) we can put up a good fight. We proved last season that we can. And don't even mention Pressley and Hartley leaving. 1.6Mil for Hartley is the best bit of business I've ever seen. He's been utter gash for the Tims. ?

While I think the Huns will be stronger next year and we'll still be fighting for 3rd and 4th again, I'm not doubting that Vlad can splash the cash and shell out on some more players. The weird thing is, for every good couple of signings he makes (Kingston, Velicka) there's a couple of absolute howlers (Besilja (sp) and that Kanchelskis), so fuck only knows.

And while Hartley has indeed been gash lately, I think if you still had him and Pressley (and kept them happy) then you'd have got 3rd and put up a real fight for second. We've profited from your own self destruction, no mistake.

But we're looking excellent for next season. If we can keep Hart and/or Anderson, and we've got McNamara now too remember, I don't see many better defenses in the league. Same for the midfield, Nicholson has been immense lately, Seve and Jamie Smith are both hardened SPL players who're good enough for the Old Firm. Up front is the only slight concern, although each of our strikers offers something completely different so we're well prepared there too.
    All we need is a few quality signings in the summer. If we can hold on to Kingston (I'm hearing whisperings that it's virtually a done deal) and get in a few more folk like him. A few decent wingers and and a striker or two, and clear all the deadwood, we'll be up with Celtic next season, and you can bring this post up the future if you want if it all goes tits up. Gordon is apparently even gonna be sitting down with Vlad in the near future and discussing staying at the club for another year. That's fucking great news!?

We shall see. As always, the concern is that Vlad is a businessman and not a football man (don't tell me Frail or that other bloke is picking the players he wants to play or transfer targets) and so there's a lot of pot luck inovlved.

I can't see Gordon staying either, he could walk into any of the top teams in Europe and I absolutely mean that.
    On the other hand, are you confident you'll be able to hang on to your best players? Anderson and Hart for example?

Reasonably so, Anderson has been the most fantastic servant to us. He deserves a big move down south (not to the OF) and he's certainly good enough to play at that level. It's purely down to whether he wants to leave us and try something else or not. I hope he stays, but if he doesn't then we've got McNamara (a really good bit of business I think) and the same goes for Hart.

If they go then we're far from fucked, but I'd rather keep them because the rest of the defence is hardly reliable.