Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nosebleed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I always get mega paranoid about my nose when I'm on a comedown from coke, and have a habit of fretting, blowing everything out of it (usually bits of red lumps fly out as well as endless mucus) and worrying myself sick, I guess you focus on something or other when you are in that horrible wired state.

Three weeks off it, then I have a gram and my nose is really sore and like I've had a bad runny nose that's irritated it. Tonight I blow it and one nostril has blood coming out. Stopped now.

Now I'm not asking for people to say "stop doing it", this is a place for honest non judgemental concerns and questions surely. I have seriously calmed down, but am just asking if a nosebleed is really a sign of something very far gone or perhaps my three week abstinance was allowing some healing to happen in my nose which a few sniffs have ruined hence the rather extreme reaction suddenly?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Indeed it is a place for honest, non-judgemental concerns, which should always be based upon health and well-being concerns, backed up ideally by evidence.

Therefore, my advice is 'stop doing it', at least until you get a medical opinion. Giving you the answer you don't want to hear isn't being judgmental, it's honesty.

However, in light of the fact that you don't want to stop;
    I have seriously calmed down, but am just asking if a nosebleed is really a sign of something very far gone or perhaps my three week abstinance was allowing some healing to happen in my nose which a few sniffs have ruined hence the rather extreme reaction suddenly?

Who can say? It might just be that that you worried a particular vessel in your nasal passage and it'll calm down. Equally, it might be that you are in danger (in light of your previous experience with red lumps and so on) of serious long-term damage. Without seeing inside your nose, who can say?

In light of the fact that you've only gone three-weeks (which might be a long time for you, but might not be so for your nose) I would suggest that you should consult your GP to see how much danger you are in.

Be warned though, he might say something judgmental like 'stop doing it', because that might be the thing that saves your nose.

Hope this helps and I hope you get it sorted. Take care:)