Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Off the drink!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    reading this thread is making me want to sort it out too !

before i go on holiday with my friends im gonna do a two week drink and drugs ban i think try and de-tox and stuff before i go is probably not a bad idea

feel sorry for those who have had shit weekends :( hope ur all feeling a bit better now
    Good luck son! :thumb:
    You did it with the illegal drugs so I'm sure you can do it with the drink, even though drink will probably be a bit harder.
    lipsy wrote: »
    I'm still really upset about what happened and keep getting flashbacks :crying: So at the moment I don't feel like I ever want to go out again but I really don't want to become withdrawn. I have a 2manydjs thing in a couple of weeks and i'd like to be feeling up for going to that...but I'm not gona get wasted, just take it easy.

what happened you? you sound really cut up about it. :(

PM me if you'd prefer, or if you don't wanna think about it again don't worry!
    Well done man, it'll be worth it in the long run when we've finished shitty uni and have a decent degree.

I promise not to tease you about not visiting me anymore in work :razz:
    I'm quitting alcohol too hopefully, recently I've been in a foul mood after returning from the pub and whilst out at times. It's probably best I give it up for a while.
    Good luck. a couple of days in, how are you doin?
    Addict wrote: »
    what happened you? you sound really cut up about it. :(

PM me if you'd prefer, or if you don't wanna think about it again don't worry!

I'm feeling a bit better about things today but just trying to forget about it so don't want to talk about it really...

But thank you to everyone for their PMs its really appreciated :)
    katralla wrote: »
    Good luck. a couple of days in, how are you doin?

Dead on, weekends will be the tester...it's not a permanent thing...just a while so I can sort my head out lol.
    Well respect to the people who're taking a break from it all, I've been there myself where I've come very close to losing my life on a drunken night and staying off the booze for a bit in the weeks after did me the world of good.

Good luck with it folks :thumb:
    special good luck for this weekend because it will probably be extra hard if all your mates are drinking :)
    Come on out tomorrow night yeroscrote!

Only messing with ya!
    well i was going to head out clubbing last night. and cause i'm trying to cut down on the drugs i stayed away from e's and just hit the vodka and red bull. drank and right bit but then it didn't agree with me and i ended up getting real sick and not making the club. fucking alcohol - it is the worst of the lot. maybe i should just go clean too!
    Someone very close to me has decided that now would be a good time to try cutting the drink out, as they have recently lost their job (although this isn't a bad thing with the bonuses and pention that they've collected).

I have also decided that I should give it a try with them, hopefully it might make thigns easier.
    god, the drugs board's gonna become a very dull place soon by the looks of things.

*tumbleweed flies past*
    I quit a while ago too... not that I was ever as bad as half of you though :P