Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

should she go?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I used to have a good mate thats now taking crack cocaine and heroin and has basically gone down the pan. My good mate wants to go visit her, at her flat, as we have not seen her for almost a year.

Im not going to see her because she's hanging round with junkies and I feel anything could happen at the flat.

I was just wondering if you had a good mate thats turnt to drugs etc, would you go and see them or stay away?

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    I had a mate in school that ended up using heroin an whatever else, and i went to her flat several times after and her junkie mates and bf attacked me several times when they were baked. So i never went back after and i've never spoken to her since.
  • Options
    I'd go see them to give them support, my only fear is that your mate probably couldn't care less if you came or not.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    I had a mate in school that ended up using heroin an whatever else, and i went to her flat several times after and her junkie mates and bf attacked me several times when they were baked. So i never went back after and i've never spoken to her since.
    Yeah, thats one of my main concerns for my friend. She's going alone, plus I know that there will be junkies there mainly the bf she's now seeing. Although i want to see my mate I don't think I could actually go - ill be too scared.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Hope you were ok, by the way
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I'd go see them to give them support, my only fear is that your mate probably couldn't care less if you came or not.
    Na, she won't give a shit to be honest. She has a daughter (my Goddaughter) that she never visits and she never calls me or my mate thats planning on seeing her. But I think for my mate (and me if I were to go) would be curiousity.
  • Options
    chan-chan wrote: »
    Hope you were ok, by the way

Yeah it was nothing serious serious. I wouldn't have gone back on my own though, i'm sure they weren't evil people but drugs can make some people a bit loopy.
  • Options
    I would just text her the day after and say good to see you last night. She will have been so off her head, she wont have a clue whether you were there or not.

Problem sorted

:thumb:
  • Options
    If it was my good mate, I would go an see them - I wouldn't disown them because they were ill/had an addiction - regardless of my personal opinions. However, I would only go if they wanted to see me.

Also, I wouldn't go expecting to change anything.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    I would just text her the day after and say good to see you last night. She will have been so off her head, she wont have a clue whether you were there or not.

Problem sorted

:thumb:
    Ha - good idea but she sold her phone to some dealer.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    If it was my good mate, I would go an see them - I wouldn't disown them because they were ill/had an addiction - regardless of my personal opinions. However, I would only go if they wanted to see me.

My mate wants to go and see her uninvited as she has never contacted us and we haven't seen her. So she'll be in for the shock of her life when she sees my friend.

I think most junkies couldn't care less if you wanted to see them or not - she defo doesn't care. All she cares about is the money to buy her gear, and I think thats the main reason why my mate is going to pick herself up and go.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »

:yes:
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »

Likewise.

If people were true friends you would go and visit no matter what their extra hobbies seem to be. Thats what pissed me off so much about some of my friends to start with, making a massive deal because i'd done a few lines being complete drama queens about it.

If your mate feels uncomfortable she knows where the door is. Maybe you should go with her for support. I doubt they'll try to pin you down whilst stabbing needles in your arms.