Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

festival work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
seeing as i have no proper work (apart from the on going and very very part time sound engineering job)...i've got the oppertunity of doing some festival work, so far it's victoria park and strawberry fair, with the possiblity of more, but how good is it, and i'm wondering if i need to cultivate some friends to work with me....

Comments

• Options
    i'm wondering if i need to cultivate some friends to work with me....

couldn't hurt
  • Options
    strawberry fair is good fun i haven't been in a few years, but i'll be up there in a couple of weeks with a few bevvies and a bifter or two i imagine....never worked at a festival though so a pretty useless post i'm afraid lol.
  • Options
    I almost got set on fire when I worked at leeds festival.
  • Options
    I'm applying to work at the Isle of Wight fest, should be a right laugh I reckon. Fingers crossed, like. :hyper:
  • Options
    strawberry fair in cambridge? if so immense.
  • Options
    Id love do work at a festival my uncle worked at V the other year and he said that it was really good.
  • Options
    Sounds like a right laugh! I wouldn't mind working one of the festivals. Def get some friends together. Saying that though, in festival atmospheres you always make friends when you're there, so I guess taking people with you isn't essential .
  • Options
    I've applied for bar staff at V festival this year.. and will probably apply for anything else they have going too. I've never really thought about going to a festival because I doubt my mates would go with me, but I could handle working at one :D

ETA: How creepy... I posted this message, and then instantly, I recieved an email telling me I'd been added to their database and would recieve informaton about an interview for me at the beginning of July! Yay!! :D
  • Options
    ooh i might go to strawberry fair looks good.