Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Meth Lab uncovered in Wales

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/6651801.stm

From the beeb; it appears a rather large cottage industry (well, if your cottage is prone to explosion) of the Crystal Meth manufacturing variety has been uncovered in Wales.

I wait with grave concern to see if this trend is repeated in the coming months, because we've been saying for years its only a matter of time before we have a large-scale industry like other countries.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They have been discovering these sorts of labs for a while now, I dont see meth taking off here as well as it has in the US. But it is certainly a cause for concern - especially given how badly this government is going to handle it.
    uh oh
    budda wrote: »
    I dont see meth taking off here as well as it has in the US.
    How come?
    They have been discovering these sorts of labs for a while now, I dont see meth taking off here as well as it has in the US. But it is certainly a cause for concern - especially given how badly this government is going to handle it.

crystal meth is quite popular around here but i dunno if thats the same as just meth ?
    Fucking hell, that factory/lab was only 30mins from me.
    lipsy wrote: »
    How come?

I'm not sure really, I think there is a reluctance amoung a large chunk of people to use meth here. Plus I just think that, we arent quite as crap as the US in terms of help for addicts and welfare support.
    crystal meth is quite popular around here but i dunno if thats the same as just meth ?

When you say crystal meth, what do you mean? What did it look like?

If it was a very powerful stimulant which looked like powdered glass then yes, thats methamphetamine, the 'crystal' or other terms is just a term.
    When you say crystal meth, what do you mean? What did it look like?

If it was a very powerful stimulant which looked like powdered glass then yes, thats methamphetamine, the 'crystal' or other terms is just a term.

its like glassy shit .. i dunno ive never touched it

some people are saying its nearly as bad as skag though
    some people are saying its nearly as bad as skag though

It can be very addictive, but in terms of effect its absolutely nothing like heroin.
    i dunno ive never touched it

Keep it that way man :thumb:
    It can be very addictive, but in terms of effect its absolutely nothing like heroin.

I don't think my friends were comparing them in terms of effects but like the bad effects of them.
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Keep it that way man :thumb:

Yeah i will do.

Whats it like ?
    Yeah i will do.

Whats it like ?

No idea mate.

where abouts in england do you live?
    Tried it a few times a year or so ago. Can deffinately see why so many people end up with a problem with it.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Personally I have never tried it, but it is something I wouldn't minded trying. I don't do much in the way of drugs anymore, so it would be more for the experience!
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Tried it a few times a year or so ago. Can deffinately see why so many people end up with a problem with it.

you try it in this country or somewhere else?
    Shogun wrote: »
    you try it in this country or somewhere else?

Here. This guy I know comes through from Dundee at the end of every month for an event at one of the clubs here and usually brings a shitload of drugs with him. Meth is one of the ones he can get on a regular basis (apparently in smaller towns in the north of Scotland there's a serious problem with crack/meth, mainly because there's nothing else to actually do there).
    There was some ice around in Brighton last year, quite a few people that I know did some fucking stupid things whilst on it, one of them is now in prison for stabbing someone.
    I smoked it the once, not long after my 18th birthday, it's definately the most 'evil' drug I've ever tried, and one of the maddest....I was mashed for hours. I'd never do it again though and I've never seen it around again since anyway.