Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What is difference between base and speed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I have never had base or speed and i thought they were the same thing, i ordered some base of a mate and when i got it, it was like powder but squidgey, i said to him i thought speed came mostly in pill/powder form and he told me its base, i asked him whas the difference and he said its jus stronger, is this true?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The problem comes from a misuse of terms, 'base' should be freebase amphetamine, the stage before the finished sulphate, its a grey paste and because its a paste harder to cut and normally stronger.

However, base of this type is quite rare, what is far more normal is finished amphetamine sulphate which has been wetted with a solvent to make it smell. It is normally, though it doesnt have to be, stronger.
    It doesnt smell, so maybe it isnt the 2nd one u described, i understadn people shouldnt encourage but whats the best way (and how much) to take on your first time, i am 100% sure im gonna tr it but obviousley because im new to higher classed drugs i wanna be as safe as i can ;)
    It doesnt have to smell to be the latter of the options which I suggested, in fact the lack of smell rules out the first option and suggests it is amphetamine sulphate. Unless of course you've been ripped off.

It is probably just been wetted with water then to bulk it out and make it weigh more.

As for dose, thats a tough one because judging strength is impossible, how much did you pay for the gram, thats normally a good sign as to how strong it could be.
    £10
    That's a fairly standard rate, I'd say the dose would be about 1/4 of that to start and see how you feel if you haven't ever done it before.

As for how to dose your best bet is orally, just rap it in a rizla and then swallow or you can dissolve it in a drink, one with a strong taste.
    OK Cheers ;)
    Be careful with it though, it can be addictive and can give you a nasty comedown.

It lasts a long time too, a dose of amphetamine can easily stop you sleeping for 12 hours or more.
    Ok, cheers for the help man, its much appreciated ;)
    Not a problem.
    Its basically speed that isn't cut so much. Street speed used to be only about 10% pure, used to be that I could take a gram Sat night and sleep by Sunday night. When base speed came in, 1/4 gram would keep me awake for 3 days.

From the COCA site
    Base speed’ still available in certain areas of the UK. There is confusion over this as freebase amphetamine or methamphetamine are oily liquids and the ‘base’ referred to in the UK generally comes in a paste form, sometimes sticky or damp in appearance.

http://www.coca.org.uk/resourcedetail.asp?resourceID=34
    base is the purer form of speed (correct me if i'm wrong) and it comes in a paste like substance and there is no difference between it and powder but the base will always be stronger.

Well normally stronger anyway.
    hi

ive done base and speed but i got help i defintly think that base is stronger please dont try it messes you uo in the heead real badxXx
    I've always thought that they are technically the same drug, it's just base is meant to be purer because it hasn't been dried out and cut with so much crap, as it comes in a very sticky paste like form. Regular speed has been dried out into a powder and cut with all sorts of bollocks.

But yeah, like Budda said, alot of 'base' is just regular speed that's been cut and then made wet again. Also, yeah real base does smell very strong and chemically.
    budda wrote: »
    As for how to dose your best bet is orally, just rap it in a rizla and then swallow or you can dissolve it in a drink, one with a strong taste.

Lol Yeah, one with a VERY strong taste. Fuck doing that, just bomb it, so much easier. Although if you're like me and like snorting stuff, then snort it if it's powder, and if it's base then dry it out until it is powder, and then snort it.
    Bare in mind though, if you do snort it, it stings alot more than snorting cocaine and it doesn't taste as pleasant in the back of your throat.
    im not sure what the difference is ... i always thought base was worse i dont kno why ?
    I have found Barley squash drinks completely take the taste away.
    just doing a spot of reading on drugs and stuff, come across this.

base, the wet kind, best to rub just a dib dab of that on your gums.

a gram bag (£5) will last you all night and lead to crazy dancing, a feeling very close to ecstacy and a sleepless night ahead!

just dont get tryin to put the moves on any hot chicks, cos your penis will not function for at least another 2 days (shrivled and limp) :)

i did 2 grams thursday night and have hardly slept till now, its sunday.

also watch out for the gurning. careful not to chew the inside of your face so much that it bleeds!

as a mental healt warning, i have long term schizophrenia brough about by canabiss missuse during my teenage years.

taking base definatley makes me hear more voices and get more paranoid.

so just be careful in the long term, and dont get too surprised if you start to "trip out".

if u start to get weird thought and shit, discontinue use. dont wanna end up with this illness for the rest of ur life, believe me

enjoy :thumb:
    Hi everyone, just came across this forum and thought this thread looked intresting.
    just doing a spot of reading on drugs and stuff, come across this.

base, the wet kind, best to rub just a dib dab of that on your gums.

a gram bag (£5) will last you all night and lead to crazy dancing, a feeling very close to ecstacy and a sleepless night ahead!

just dont get tryin to put the moves on any hot chicks, cos your penis will not function for at least another 2 days (shrivled and limp) :)

i did 2 grams thursday night and have hardly slept till now, its sunday.

also watch out for the gurning. careful not to chew the inside of your face so much that it bleeds!

as a mental healt warning, i have long term schizophrenia brough about by canabiss missuse during my teenage years.

taking base definatley makes me hear more voices and get more paranoid.

so just be careful in the long term, and dont get too surprised if you start to "trip out".

if u start to get weird thought and shit, discontinue use. dont wanna end up with this illness for the rest of ur life, believe me

enjoy :thumb:

Some tips for a "healthier" and maybe better time m8.

First dabbing base is def not a good idea, your blood supply to your gums gets restricted when your speeding (as it does to every none essential organ - hence the limp dick!) and gum disease or a receeding gumline is a risk not worth taking imo. The safest way to take it is orally - usually in a rizla. Not as quick a high but a lot less risky than other methods.

If you want to stay higher for longer then you need to keep your stomach acid down. During the day your planning to take it take rennies every couple of hours or still some bicarbonate soda in water and drink it (tastes like shit!)

Make sure you keep your bodies vitamin supplies up. The gurning comes from a lack of magnesium in your system, cheap as chips from health stores. Along with the magnesium a vit b complex would help the comedown. Speed gives you the high buy "stealing" your bodies stores of dopamine and to an extent seratonin. These are both your natural happy chemicals so you really need to keep these replenished or when you hit the bottom or one day you will really struggle to get through the easiest of tasks.

A big problem if your bodies stores get too run down is amphetamine pyscosis - this very much resembles schizophrenia only it is usually temporary. This can usually be avoided by keeping your vits up and as hard as it might be to do, having something to eat! Banana's are good thing for nights on speed.

Anyway stay safe folks:thumb: