Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Free TV training events

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Fancy a career directing, researching, writing or being part of a film crew? Or just know TV is for you, but not quite sure where to start?

Then TVYP could be the experience you need.

Television and Young People (TVYP), now in its 17th year, hold a FREE five day event every summer for anyone aged 18+ who wants a job in television.

You will work with some of the best talent from behind and in front of the camera and gain invaluable advice, skills and contacts. You don’t need any previous experience, just a passion for television.

Apply now and you could be working with the teams from Big Brother, Sky News and MTV..amongst many others!

Go to www.tvyp.co.uk. Deadline 14th May.

The event takes place 23 – 27 August 2007 in Edinburgh and accommodation, food and the event’s activities are all free. TVYP is the charitable and educational arm of MediaGuardian Edinburgh International Television Festival.

Comments

• smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I only found out about this now :(

Do they run this just once annually?

yeah, every year. I have gone for it anyway. You never know and it sounds like a good opportunity.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I want to apply and every time I click on "apply" my computer crashes. Great. :banghead:
    Hope mine's in in time too! Only just seen it and hope if I get through I won't be the bloody oldest!
    Would be great if there is another thesiter too!
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    Hope mine's in in time too! Only just seen it and hope if I get through I won't be the bloody oldest!
    Would be great if there is another thesiter too!

Does it state anywhere how many people they are going to be choosing?

There is bound to be thousands of applications, so chances are slim
    smitherz wrote: »
    Does it state anywhere how many people they are going to be choosing?

There is bound to be thousands of applications, so chances are slim
    cheers fuckhead!

;)
    cheers fuckhead!

;)

Haha, Pissed on your fire! :lol:
    smitherz wrote: »
    Haha, Pissed on your fire! :lol:
    hey i havent slept in 40 odd hours and travelled accross europe through the early hours drinking heavily - im at my most creative and I am sure to pass!
    hey i havent slept in 40 odd hours and travelled accross europe through the early hours drinking heavily - im at my most creative and I am sure to pass!

I'll have my fingers crossed for you and me both ;)