Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Trying To Be Celebet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I m trying not to have sex for year. My girlfriend is making it hard for me, however, thats not the problem. The problem is that i had a wetdream at age of 22. Since, I dont masturbate or engage in intercouse would having a wetdream be normal? I thought wetdreams were usually in premautre adults that have just reached puberty. Can someone guide me?

thanks
:banghead:

Comments

• Options
    micro69 wrote: »
    I m trying not to have sex for year.

why would you want to do that?

as for the wet dreams, as far as I'm aware, where you dont masturbate or have sex, it's perfectly natural. it's just your body keeping itself in shape, keeping your tubes in working order (or something) so dont worry about it. :)
  • Options
    Replicant wrote: »
    why would you want to do that?

Exactly what I was thinking :|.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »

22, has a girlfriend who's obviously gagging for it...

I hope it's a good reason :p
  • Options
    22, has a girlfriend who's obviously gagging for it...

I hope it's a good reason :p
    :yes: me too :p. His poor girlfriend :(. I can barely manage without it for two weeks, let alone a year :eek:.
  • Options
    dude and your girlfriend is still there?

she must really love you. i'd be going loopy.

and surely having a wet dream is more likely if you're not having sex, because you've got all these pent up emotions :confused:
  • Options
    may be because you're denying your body something that it wants.
    may be you should try tantra instead, then when you do have sex again it should be mind blowing :p
  • Options
    Why Why Why Oh Why
  • Options
    Dont you think a years a bit long?
    And is your gf happy with this decision or is she just saying she is to make you happy?
    Also whats your reason for doing it?
  • Options
    its up to him really for his own reasons. Although he shouldn't feel like he has to, maybe it's something he wants to do for himself. Who are we to say whether it's right or wrong.

As for the wet dreams, when you get a build up after a while it will occur, as someone mentioned it's part of a natural process in a way to keep things running smoothly.

If you left your car in the garage for a month you'd still turn it on every week or so for 5 minutes to move the oil round, wouldn't ya ;)
  • Options

keeping your tubes in working order

Incidentally, London Undergrounds mission statement :D
  • Options
    I m trying not to have sex for year. My girlfriend is making it hard for me, however, thats not the problem. The problem is that i had a wetdream at age of 22. Since, I dont masturbate or engage in intercouse would having a wetdream be normal? I thought wetdreams were usually in premautre adults that have just reached puberty. Can someone guide me?

thanks

What Why? And you have a girlfriend? Ive gone 8 months...almost 9 (oh god is it that long!) without. I dont sympathise im sorry.
  • Options
    Prepare to not have a girlfriend for long.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »

ditto
  • Options

thanks

Dude, you are fast leaving your sexual prime. Enjoy sex while you can 'cos you will have enforced 'celibacy' when you're older and have erectile dysfunction. :yes:
  • Options
    Almost my point Teagan.

Unless it's enforced, or for some religious/moral reason then I wouldn't bother. You are only around for a short time, why waste it?
  • Options
    To all who are concerned for my Gf, thank you, but it was sort of her idea. She called me a sexual maniac. We have been going out for 3 years and my desire to make love has increased from every week to days. I dont know wut is wrong but now its her thatz having the same problem. But i will try to cut it down to a month..hahah. Thanks a lot everyone, you guys were very helpful.
  • Options
    denying yourself will only make you want it more. wanting sex every day is not a sex maniac, maybe ur gf has the prob with sex....
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    denying yourself will only make you want it more. wanting sex every day is not a sex maniac, maybe ur gf has the prob with sex....

:yes: That's exactly what I was thinking! In this situation, you're doing all the compromising...how about you say you'll cut it down a bit, and she can increase it a bit, and yoiu can try and find a middle ground that suits you both OK?

The answer is NOT to deny you sex altogether!! :no:
  • Options
    I couldn't deal with no sex. And I think it's an important part of relationships. Theres nothing like falling asleep in your partners arms all happy and content after a good 'ol session
  • Options
    To all who are concerned for my Gf, thank you, but it was sort of her idea. She called me a sexual maniac. We have been going out for 3 years and my desire to make love has increased from every week to days. I dont know wut is wrong but now its her thatz having the same problem. But i will try to cut it down to a month..hahah. Thanks a lot everyone, you guys were very helpful.

I recommend a strong dose of ........ new girlfriend.
  • Options
    For the girls

Can girls be celebet for a long time? ALso will they have wetdreams or something similar? Cuz my friend she said she has never had sex but she was in a relationship for 5 years. I was just wondering if she is lying or not. I mean girls are very emotional than guys. So wut do you all think?
  • Options
    Can girls be celebet for a long time? ALso will they have wetdreams or something similar? Cuz my friend she said she has never had sex but she was in a relationship for 5 years. I was just wondering if she is lying or not. I mean girls are very emotional than guys. So wut do you all think?

I know a girl who has been in a long term relationship (not sure if it's been five years yet) and no sex... but then again she's a catholic and so is the boyfriend and they both believe the whole no-sex-before-marriage thing. I've got no idea how that is possible but I guess some people manage.

But if it's not that, I'd say it was more like a good friendship if there was no sex involved. :p