Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

abh?!?!?!?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey...i stumbled upon this site when looking up the sentence for abh......my husband is going to be arrested for abh tomorrow and i really need to know where we stand...ie prison or not....

basically he saw his sister and her husband walking down the street....due to family issues he hasnt seen his sister since she had her last child...he pulled his car over to say hi and to see the new baby and the husband told him to fuck of and that he didnt want any niggers near his child...even though my husbands sister is black?!?!?! anyway my husband just snapped...he grabbed a piece of wood off the street and wacked the guy over the head with it.....the guy got up and was fine and my husbnad drove off......what is gonna happen, he has never been in trouble with the olice before...please i need some kind of idea as to what will happen!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well it doesnt look the best does it...suppose it was a provoked attack but its his word against theirs and seeing as he wasnt defending himself hes not really got a leg to stand on..
    Depends how badly the person was hurt, but I doubt he will get a custodial sentence. Best your husband speaks with his brief who can advise him on the likely consequences.

:thumb:
    If he gets a sentence at all the maximum is 5 years in prison however i doubt he'll get that with it most likely being his first offence. He'll probably be looking at a few months. Just depends how good a mood the judge is on the day :p
    well in his defence he could say he was racially provoked.. whether or not that would make any difference don't know!
    z- wrote: »
    well in his defence he could say he was racially provoked.. whether or not that would make any difference don't know!

It might make a differnce, but I can't see it making that much of a difference, tbh.
    First offence and provoked means it'll be a fairly light sentence to be honest. I doubt jail time at all, probably compensation or a fine and community service if that.
    It all depends on what the CPS advise to charge, the police will always arrest for the most serious offence they can. You can be charged with less but not more you see, so an ABH may become a Common assault or public order offence.
    we are in the same prediciment,but we are sayign it was self defence and we are still being charged with GBH,best bet as i have been told is get a good solicitor,and speak to him about it and they will dot here best to help you,i dont know much but from what i have heard off others it doesnt sound as though he will go to prison,probs community service,thats what im hoping for anyway...good luck
    Don't Worry, LOL!

It's his first offence. He wont do a day in jail. He'll probably get a year probation and anger management classes. Relaxes!