Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

messed up dreams

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The other night I had a really messed up dream. I was older than I was but can't remember what I looked like. Anyway I woke up one morning and I was fully pregnant..the belly and everything and I was overjoyed. So I went to the hospital with my boyfriend to get a scan so I can show pictures of it to everyone. I didnt need to get a test done because it was pretty obvious I was up the duff. Anyway I was in a hospital room with my boyfriend next to me holding my hand and smiling all chuffed and everything...then they put the jelly stuff on and the doctor looked at the scan and said 'This isnt a baby..it's a tumour'. Then the doctor sliced into my side and it just fell out and my belly deflated and I was sad. Kerazy. Anyone else have any dreams like this? It's really made me feel down today.

I know how it's all linked too. My thoughts of not being able to have a baby (almost blubbing to 'barren' May in eastenders the other night..gawd) and the tumour came from brain-tumour > dad. So strange!!!

Comments

• Options
    I would pick out the main subjects of your dream, i.e. the baby, the tumour, your bf, your feelings etc, and visit this site: http://www.dreammoods.com/ to find the interpretations. Maybe you will be able to string them all together and it might make more sense. You can always email them as well, although I've done that a few times but never had a reply unfortunately.
  • Options
    ooh that website looks interesting, thanks
  • Options
    for the last week or so ive been having reeeally weird dreams!!

the oddest one i think was one on tuesday (which when i think about it, was actually more of a nightmare)
    - me and a friend back home went to a cafe for some sardines (:confused: ) but we were interupted suddenly by my french flatmate who was reeeally really angry for some reason.
    i knew if i didnt get away from him that he'd kill me, so me and my friend both ran home (it was my uni house - but different for some reason)

we locked ourselves in my room and i thought we were safe - but when i turned to the door he was IN THE ROOM and grabbed me and pushed me on the bed.
    instead of doing the obvious however - out of nowhere he pulled out a pile of letters addressed to me (that he'd obviously taken and hidden from me) and started smelling them and getting.. aroused :eek2:
    i meanwhile started screaming for my flatmate to help (she was next door and she DIDNT come) and whenever i tried to leave the room, he would smack me over the head.

some other stuff hapened but its kinda gone blurry now. it was well scary though. i actually sat up in bed all breathless and scared, thinking my flatmate was in the room with me.

but yeah. v weird :p
  • Options
    I constantly get dreams where my house or parents' house is different from what it is in reality. Also, I don't know the difference between dream and reality until I wake up from the dream, then I know it's real life now.
  • Options
    KJ87 wrote: »
    I would pick out the main subjects of your dream, i.e. the baby, the tumour, your bf, your feelings etc, and visit this site: http://www.dreammoods.com/ to find the interpretations.

i don't see how something as abstract as that website can hold the interpretations to what you've got going on in your head.
  • Options
    You'd be suprised at how relevant certain things you dream about can be related to your current feelings and situations; that's precicely why I look up their meanings.
  • Options
    I can usually make sense of my dreams in my own head but that site is good at giving you ideas to what it could possibly be.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think people should interpret their own dreams, really. The same image in a dream probably means something different to me than it would to someone else.
  • Options
    I've had dreams recently where I've been going around killing people. Doesn't make me feel good at all but I suppose my dreams are always of the ricter scale.
  • Options
    I had a dream about having sex with a friend =/ That was a bit odd.
  • Options
    aye i have some fucked up dreams

nothin constructive to add unfortunately!