Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Heroes

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well that answers that about Patient Zero then...

But the Hatian is well good! Not only can he extract memories to learn secrets and erase minds, but he can completely block another Heroes Power... even Sylar or Peter!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Wronggg. Patient Zero is usually the one to have first shown signs of a disease/whatever, which is true in Sylar's case since he was the first one Chandra came accross. Even if, later, cases are found to have been around earlier than this, Patient Zero remains Patient Zero. The others are called something else.
    Oh, so that's what "Patient zero" means! I was wondering what Mohinder meant by that when he had caught Sylar. I thought it meant something like, "Sylar's DNA holds the secret to every 'mutant's' power".
  • Options
    i like Nathan.

the worst character is easily jessica/nikki. i've hated the character since the very start
  • Options
    i like hiro and the policeman guy because he is cute and reminds me of my boyfriend!
  • Options
    Hiro has an awesome power as far as one power on its own goes... but Peter and Sylar have the best powers really because they have anyones...

Sylar, world class villain!!! :)
  • Options
    yeah this show gets better and better :):)
  • Options
    Interesting how Hiro managed to get completely trained in an afternoon in the last episode...
    For all you know, he could have spent years training and then went back in time :p

Only one episode left now... "How to stop an exploding man".
  • Options
    We know who the exploding man is right? We saw the future, but will the future remain the same or change? Will it be Peter or will it be Sylar?
  • Options
    Or it's just a massive plot hole the writers missed.
    That's probably it :p Another idea is that he slowed time down for both of them so it felt like years. :p
  • Options
    Interesting how Hiro managed to get completely trained in an afternoon in the last episode...

Around about the episode Hiro got the sword, me and and a friend figured he'd probably end up stuck in feudal Japan and training, around the time of the samurai guy in the stories who first wielded it. Maybe Hiro was even the reason the DNA strand/helix/F-shape logo thing is on the handle of the sword...

Also, Hiro's still to come up against the T-Rex that Isaac painted. I'm pretty sure there's going to be some fucked up lost-in-time antics.

Why is everyone I talk to so sure someone's going to explode? Maybe, dun dun dun, noone does?
  • Options
    Negative. When he went to the museum there was a big dinosaur.

The dinosaur in the painting was green (ie, with skin; ie, alive). The one in the museum was just a skeleton. Seemed more along the lines of something to whet our appetites for the actual event, especially the way Hiro seemed to 'practise' with the sword. Honestly, the painting appeared right at the end of an episode (I think) making it a kind of cliffhanger... bit of an anti climax if all it was was a fossil, non?
  • Options
    We already know Hiro wont be the one to beat Sylar, though he might end up stopping the explosion... Hiro has a great power... but i want to see more Sylar man!

Plus, did anyone else expect what happened to Linderman to happen? I mean really?
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote: »

Plus, did anyone else expect what happened to Linderman to happen? I mean really?

Uh, yes... Not by DL, but it was kind of obvious it was going to happen :razz:
  • Options
    Well, i meant the fact it was DL, i was expecting Sylar to his thing with Linderman.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    The dinosaur in the painting was green (ie, with skin; ie, alive). The one in the museum was just a skeleton. Seemed more along the lines of something to whet our appetites for the actual event, especially the way Hiro seemed to 'practise' with the sword. Honestly, the painting appeared right at the end of an episode (I think) making it a kind of cliffhanger... bit of an anti climax if all it was was a fossil, non?
    I think the skeleton was it too. Besides, Isaac's paintings aren't exact pictures ever, just like a (supposed) psychic can't tell things exactly. Hiro even held the sword in the same way next to the skeleton.
  • Options
    I think the skeleton was it too. Besides, Isaac's paintings aren't exact pictures ever, just like a (supposed) psychic can't tell things exactly. Hiro even held the sword in the same way next to the skeleton.

Having the skeleton be it would be like having the bomb being someone farting in the bath. This show doesn't do anti-climaxes, man.

But yeah, my money's on the start of Hiro's fucked up back in time shit tonight. Agree/disagree?
  • Options
    Would seem to be resolved according to the writers... sadly. However the sword was unsheathed in the painting and was a sheathed replica in the hotel, so maybe there's hope left.

Here's the writers comments (Joe Pokaski and Aron Coleite - not sure who actually answers)
    "In 'Godsend,' after Hiro swipes the fake sword, he ends up in a dinosaur exhibit. He sees a dinosaur statue, and whips out the "sword" and play fights with it. Is that, in fact, what Isaac painted? If so, that seems kind of like a cheat, but at the same time, you can't really have Hiro fighting dinosaurs in the past, what with the age old dilemma of changing history and all that. So, what's the deal?"

It seemed to look a lot like the painting, didn't it? But Cheat? Isaac drew Hiro with the sword facing a dinosaur. And in the next episode he's facing off against one in a museum.

From - http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=9485
  • Options
    and just to confirm it was a model not a skeleton -

Painting_hiro_dinosaur.jpg

Museum_hiro_dino.jpg
  • Options
    Hm, I'm sure it was a skeleton (memory D: )

It does seem like a total cheat though. I don't really see why changing history would really come into it, since there's plenty of ways to get around that. For a start, future Hiro already went back with the intention of changing history when he visited Peter on the train. Secondly, killing a dinosaur if he gets accidently stuck in the past isn't that bad, is it? I mean what, some years later the dinosaurs get wiped out anyway? Not like it was going to amount to anything significant. Oh, and lastly, they could always borrow one of the theories from quantum physics and use the multiverse time travel theory...

Anyway, in the painting Hiro looks scared, like it was attacking. In the still, he looks relaxed and is laughing, playing around.
  • Options
    Hey I'm on your side - I definitely want to see him kill the dinosaur and right after that jump to ancient Japan and prove me right that his dad actually is Takezo Kensei...
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Hey I'm your side

I know, I'm just arguing my point for the sake of the rest of the pesants in the thread :razz:
  • Options
    :yes: :D
  • Options
    Wow. Just...wow.

I would actually fuck this show if I could. Thought it was meant to be a two parter though?
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Hey I'm on your side - I definitely want to see him kill the dinosaur and right after that jump to ancient Japan and prove me right that his dad actually is Takezo Kensei...

YES! That was my thought about his dad too!
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote: »
    YES! That was my thought about his dad too!
    Really? So what, Kensei came from the past? Or do you mean that Hiro will bring him to the recent past so he can be his father?

It looks like there might yet be a fight with a dinosaur, anyway. And I was wrong about Nathan.
    But I'm pretty sure that Peter is alive. When Hiro and Ando went to the future, he was still there but said he was the one that exploded, so the explosion obviously doesn't harm himself. Plus. we still don't know where that scar came from!
    And I liked what Molly said, about a bigger bad guy than Sylar existing... :D

But I can't help but feel that this last chapter of volume one was kind of disappointing...
  • Options
    so at the end of this, sylar's till alive, having dragged himself into the sewers at the end ? :chin:
  • Options
    I havent seen the finale yet but will this week when i have time...

I hope Sylar remains the main bad guy, any one else would be lame compared to a sociopath like him!!!

i meant, that maybe, Hiro will travel to the past and see that that Kensei guy is like, his ancestor and also someone with superpowers... such as, Hiro's father. Although the idea of taking his father back intime to become Kensei... or maybe Hiro becoming Kensei himself... hmmmm
  • Options
    What?

What don't you understand?
    But I'm pretty sure that Peter is alive. When Hiro and Ando went to the future, he was still there but said he was the one that exploded, so the explosion obviously doesn't harm himself. Plus. we still don't know where that scar came from!
    And I liked what Molly said, about a bigger bad guy than Sylar existing... :D

Er, yeah, pretty obvious Peter is still alive :razz:

Also, I never tire of being right.
  • Options
    Did anyone think of the haitian 1st when molly said about the badder 'boogieman' being able to see her when she looks for him?
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Did anyone think of the haitian 1st when molly said about the badder 'boogieman' being able to see her when she looks for him?
    Hm, no, though I did wonder if it was anyone we've already seen. But it doesn't seem like the Haitian, he didn't seem to be a bad guy... Except maybe turning Claire to Peter's mother.