Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Rhodes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I may appear like the black sheep of the family who only shows his ugly mug when he wants something but I have been lurking...

We're off to Rhodes next Saturday and don't fancy 'carrying' over to Greece as we usually do to Spain.

Has anyone any experience of buying coke, E's & weed in Rhodes? Rhodes Town to be more specific.

Piece of piss? Not too bad? Tricky? No chance?

Cheers in advance, go into as much detail as you wish!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've never tried to get drugs in Greece before but I'll be on the hunt when I go to Kavos in Corfu this July.
    First of all, you are fucking stupid to 'carry' over any international border, especially when its Class A.

Secondly, from what I have heard the Greek police are not anywhere near as laid back as the Spanish. Be careful.
    Stupid I know but a calculated risk that I have done many many times going to various Spanish resorts. More recently to Prague and Bulgaria which was frightening.

If you re-read my initial post I'm not even thinking about 'carrying' over to Greece. I am asking about the availability when I get there.

I wouldn't advise anyone to carry over but wrapped up properly and placed under your gonads they're safe as houses. I don't know of anyone who's had to remove their Bill Grundies passing through customs.

It's bombs they're looking for now.
    I totally stand by my comment - its fucking stupid. And yes they are largely looking for bombs, but that doesnt mean those pesky little dogs arent trained in how to sniff for drugs.
    I stand by the fact that I was asking a question about buying drugs in Rhodes and merely mentioned in passing the reason why I want to come by this information.
    Also just a small point; if you are going on holiday with family you may not be concerned about whether you end up in a cell next to George Smack-u-upppolis, the local bad boy; but do you really have the right to risk everyone elses' holiday too? Any hot water you get yourself into over there could also come back on them (they could be questioned or even detained on suspicion).

And don't think they (Police) won't risk a diplomatic incident over it; any plane spotters here will be able to tell you that.

Also, please remember that this board IS for discussion of drug use with a view to responsible conduct and harm-reduction.

So acceptable responses to the question include pointing out what a particularly silly idea it is to 1) take drugs across international boundaries 2) attempt to buy Class A substances in an unfamiliar place, from people you've never met, in a country thats had its fair share or question mark over police treatment of prisoners.
    someone coulda just answered his question instead of all this :rolleyes:
    Also just a small point; if you are going on holiday with family you may not be concerned about whether you end up in a cell next to George Smack-u-upppolis, the local bad boy; but do you really have the right to risk everyone elses' holiday too? Any hot water you get yourself into over there could also come back on them (they could be questioned or even detained on suspicion).

Ummm...also....he didn't say he was going on holiday with his family....:confused:
    next to George Smack-u-upppolis, the local bad boy

:lol:
    never been to greece but hopefully should be going to faliraki this year (is that in greece? anyway .. ) i think you should be already because rhodes is quite a busy part i think ?

are you going with mates or family ? cos if your going with mates you can always befriend people in clubs/ bars and shit its bound to be available. If your going with family could be a bit more difficult unless you go out by yourself
    z- wrote: »
    someone coulda just answered his question instead of all this :rolleyes:

Of course, what we should have done is told him its a great idea to travel with class A drugs and that he should just buy any old crap from anyone he finds.

I warned him that the police there are rough, and I always warn people about buying drugs from people they dont know. Other than giving him the address of a dealer where he is going I fail to see what anyone else can do.
    i think he was maybe looking for someones personal experience .. who had been to the place and knew what it was like for getting drugs.. its no secret it varies from place to place and the best way to know the score is to ask someone

sorry but i thought all this seemed blatantly obvious?
    Just to clarify, I'm going with mates to Rhodes for a week, taking in the Champions League final on the Wednesday when we fly over to Athens.

I know full well how stupid it is to carry class A's across an international border but I'm 38 next week and run my own electrical wholesalers so I am not stupid and am fully accountable for all my actions whether they be during my working life, earning money to pay for them and in my leisure time taking them.

It was just a casual; "Is it easy to buy a few party prescriptions in Rhodes", didn't want to ignite a full-on lecture on the rights and wrongs of drug taking.
    When I went to Faliraki (yuck) it was drugs central, I didn't do any scouting around or buying myself but those who did didn't seem to have a problem. Do a bit of networking, I guess. We went to Rhodes town on that holiday, too, and I think the only thing we managed to get hold of were pills. Pretty shite, at that. But we probably weren't looking in the right places or talking to the right people. Though this is going back a few years now, I couldn't say what it's like now. But where there is demand there is always supply, so I'm sure it can be done.

I went to Pefkos more recently where there was nary an ibuprofen in sight! :angel:
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Fair enough. From my point of view, the kind of answer you wanted was advice on where to score drugs, and that is absolutely not at all what the boards are here for.

For the record, here is some information on Drugs on holiday, including what the penalties are in various places.
    True but that would be reading between the lines.

I even gave a list of possible 1 or 2 word answers in my initial post.

*Remembers why he hasn't visited for a while*
    ok i misread you original post, which took your opening literally rather than figuratively:blush::lol:

Look I appreciate that you wanted a straight answer to what was on the face of it a straight question, but you've also gotta appreciate what position you put other people in by asking it.

Your last comment (about you remembering why you don't come on here very often) is actually quite interesting; like LJ said this isn't a Good Drugs Abroad guide, its an extension of a harm-reduction initiative. For example, if I'd answered in the way you'd wanted me to (i.e: yes/no), but not said anything about risks which I knew you'd be facing, would you really want that? If so you're on the wrong board mate.

Theres a lot of people on here (not necessarily me) who have spent alot of time researching this area, and can offer some insightful or helpful advice. Problem is it might not always be what you want to hear.
    I'm with you there actually mate. Whilst I am in control and treat drugs as they should be, a bit of harmless fun on the occasional weekend, some people may read about others taking drugs through security. Then they go and do it themselves, totally bottle it, get caught and end up in deep shit.

When I used to come on here it was very light hearted and people would share their experiences about the likes of my subject here. Not saying it should be like that now as thinking about it, it could be irresponsible.

Keep up the good work!
    Lucky Lucky men init - but they'll rip ya off!