Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I Can't Talk To Girls.

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    smitherz wrote: »
    I couldn't smoke it for that reason. TBH if im stoned i struggle to conversate with people i don't know, a complete lack of conversation, might be down to the fact i get bad memory on it now :confused:

*ahem* yea don't condone cannabis use

See, it has the opposite for me... It chills me out and I can talk easier, but only i small quantities.

Talking to women... Well, physically I am a woman who is attracted to women so I can see how it's hard. Sometimes women... They have something about them which jus hits you and then the smell of their prefume kinda sticks with you and you notice it on the bus, when somebody else is wearing the same scent. *Le sigh*

For me, I look for a conversation starter then put on a confident front (tbh I think it's harder for a woman to chat up another woman withall the lesbian politics on the scene and less likelihood of a compatible partner), grin and just be friendly and occasionally make eye contact. Remember that a lot of people are shy too, so if they aren't making a whole lot of eye contact with you and they haven't mentioned that they've got a partner they could just be as nervous as you.

I always look at things from ths perspective... You can enter a club seeing the most beautiful girl in the world and it is entirely up to you whether or not you want to make an attempt to be a part of her life, even if only for ten minutes. At the end of the day though, initiating the first step is your call...

Otherwise you'll just never know *shrug*
    I always look at things from ths perspective... You can enter a club seeing the most beautiful girl in the world and it is entirely up to you whether or not you want to make an attempt to be a part of her life, even if only for ten minutes. At the end of the day though, initiating the first step is your call...

Otherwise you'll just never know *shrug*

You are absolutely correct there Namaste but when you've zero confidence in yourself around someone you wanna get with, it's so hard to initiate the first step, at least that's what I find which is why I'll go out, get drunk, dance a bit next to girls I like but never actually say anything and then end up standing on my own or with my mates, watching them get off with girls which is about as much fun as an operation :banghead:
    Ball's in your court love, you can't keep on making excuses for yourself forever.
    thanks for the advice Namaste. I'll keep the cannabis advice in mind, I tried cannabis and that really took the edge off.

could we please let this thread die now please? I feel silly for making it. :blush: that is unless BarmyArmy wants it?

could we please let this thread die now please? I feel silly for making it. :blush: that is unless BarmyArmy wants it?

Im sure you have made sillier threads ? :D
    you haven't read my earlier threads have you?

Its kinda a bad reminder.
    thanks for the advice Namaste. I'll keep the cannabis advice in mind, I tried cannabis and that really took the edge off.

Barmyarmy probably will take it over anyway :razz:

Yeah... Look, I don't really recommend you smoke a huge amount of pot every day... Keep it in moderation and all that, but if it take the edge off...

I don't really smoke it often these days, partly because I quit cigarettes but also because I smoked too much of it. But yeah... I'll stop posting now..
    you haven't read my earlier threads have you?

Its kinda a bad reminder.

No I ain't, why are they funny ? :D

Don't worry about looking back over your old threads. It may make you cringe but it should also show you how much you have changed/ matured.

:thumb:
    Calvin wrote: »
    No I ain't, why are they funny ? :D

Don't worry about looking back over your old threads. It may make you cringe but it should also show you how much you have changed/ matured.

:thumb:

FAR from funny.....
    Don't worry. I don't have the motivation to search through the archives.

Most people wont even remember you first posts on the boards. Don't worry about them.
    I'll take your word for it. thanks, :)

anyway, can we put this thread to bed now please?
    Whats it worth :p