Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Well, it finally happened...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My 360 died. It died mid-way through a great game of FIFA. The abolsute cunt that it is.

It's no longer within it's warranty, which means I need a new 360 or pay whatever the fuck it is for a repair. Again, cunts.

Ah well. I had a good...what...14 months out of it? That's what I call longevity, Mircosoft. Cheers guys!

Can I just use the word "Cunt" one more time to get accross how I feel?

Comments

• Options
    what error symptoms you getting? which red lights? it may still be saveable.

if not i heard its like £70 to get MS to repair.
  • Options
    Nah mate, totally goosed. I'm getting the so-called "Ring of Death". Three quadrants and lit red, the other just stays unlit.

And £70? I fucking hate Microsoft.
  • Options
    Violette wrote: »
    diddums.

hehe. my boyfriend had a bit of a mental breakdown when his fucked up :p but his was in warranty so they came and picked it up and repaired it and sent it back for freee. (sorry :p)

Cheers for that. Fancy loading the gun for me aswell? :grump:
  • Options
    this a common thing then? I'd heard about the disk drives screwing up, but not that the console was prone to breakage...
  • Options
    Replicant wrote: »
    this a common thing then? I'd heard about the disk drives screwing up, but not that the console was prone to breakage...

Yup. The hardware has basically just been taped together inside. It's shoddy as fuck. It overheats like a motherfucker aswell.
  • Options
    You've got to wonder how the hell any 360 could seriously pass any test it was put up against to gain the certificate that it's fine to sell the bloody thing. Mine has been dying since the beginning of the year, lost receipt so have to get the bank to print off a statement to get it changed.

I think if I'd known just how bad the 360 can get I'd never have gone near it, at all.
  • Options
  • Options
    If you look at it vertically, only the top right quadrant doesn't light up. The rest flash red.
  • Options
    Yup. The hardware has basically just been taped together inside. It's shoddy as fuck. It overheats like a motherfucker aswell.

ah that's a no good, what a pain!
  • Options
    just phone ms, when they ask how long you have add it just say 10months, thats what i did, at no point did they ask for a recept or anything, picked up the old one and i had a new one 3 days later
  • Options
    my xbox hasn't started playing up yet, no over heating or nada, and I think the disc scratching problem only happens when the xbox is on it's side..
  • Options
    I've got a NES from the late 80's still running, all my consoles are, never had one break before