Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

feel a bit fickle!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Just emailed the English Dept at the uni I want to go to in September asking if it's too late to change my mind to English & American Literature with Creative Writing rather than just English and American Literature.

I feel this would be a good balance and yeah..I really want to do it.

Dya think its too late?

Another thing is I've just applied for Student Finance today quoting Q300 which is English and American Lit.

Arghhh
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's worth a shot at emailing them, if you've been accepted they may well say yes. You may also find that you can take those modules on the course you've applied to anyway.

As for the finance side, deal with that as and when you get transferred, there's no rush. Mine didn't get corrected until June or something daft like that (as in the June that was at the end of my first year).
    you'd probably be able to change course once you got there, once you get your foot in the door that kinda thing's much easier :) sepecially where the two courses will probably be sharing modules anyways.
    I hope so. People do change very late anyway don't they? Just kicking myself now, it's such an obvious choice yet I just blindly stuck to plain ole' English Lit.
    well in my first year, some of my freinds changed from MSc natural science (which is like combined chem / phys / biology) to straight MSc physics a few weeks after the start of the year, as they decided they'd much rather do that. they had absolutely no probs with it, so I very much doubt you will.

unless the different modules that you'd be doing are ridiculously over subscribed I wouldnt have thought your department will have any problems with it at all :)
    Replicant wrote: »
    well in my first year, some of my freinds changed from MSc natural science (which is like combined chem / phys / biology) to straight MSc physics a few weeks after the start of the year, as they decided they'd much rather do that. they had absolutely no probs with it, so I very much doubt you will.

unless the different modules that you'd be doing are ridiculously over subscribed I wouldnt have thought your department will have any problems with it at all :)

Unfortunately they seem to be :(

Got a really nice email back today but wasn't good news. All the places are filled up but they are considering adding Creative Writing modules to my course but to sign up quickly because they will all get filled. There is still hope I guess!
    ahh that's a shame :( still, you may be able to sort something out once you get there, or get onto this creative writing module like you've mentioned.

anyways, I'm sure you'll love your course all the same :thumb:
    thanks i hope so :)
    Rachael wrote: »

Got a really nice email back today but wasn't good news. All the places are filled up but they are considering adding Creative Writing modules to my course but to sign up quickly because they will all get filled. There is still hope I guess!

Leave it for now until you get there - often they won't fill all their places cos people will miss their grades/decide to do something else/hate uni and leave after 2 weeks. Then ask to change. I know a few people who did it that way and it worked for them :)
    Thanks. Yeah I think I'll be patient and do this. Fingers crossed
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Rachael wrote: »

All the places are filled up but they are considering adding Creative Writing modules to my course but to sign up quickly because they will all get filled.

That sounds promising - I just took 'plain ole Eng Lit' but actually when I enrolled and picked my modules I found out there was a really diverse range of modules - i.e there's nothing plain about Eng Lit!

I ended up taking modules in American lit and creative writing (which were taught by authors in residence) which were added to the syllabus in my second year. :)